- Very Good
- 41 guest reviews
"Went for a night away with my partner. We upgraded to four poster room. It was lovely, clean and very comfortable. Had a meal in the restaur..."
"The room was fine. it was a bit quirky very much like an American drive in motel(park you car right outside your door) pity there was no ice..."
"Superb bus services enable easy access to Durham, Darlington, Newcastle, Bishop Auckland, Raby Castle and Barnard Castle without any worries..."
"Fine for an overnight stay, room was adequate with all the usual (tea,phone,notepad,TV) and well lit. One hard chair,small en suite with cho..."
"Second time here. As good as the first. Room could do with a brighten up as it is a bit dark. All the front doors need painted as they are t..."
About the hotel
Just 5 minutes’ from Durham City Centre, the Honest Lawyer Hotel is a 3* hotel and AA rosette restaurant, ideally located for exploring County Durham, as well as being an ideal base for business trips in and around Durham City. All of our rooms are en-suite with modern furnishings, LCD TVs, luxury toiletries and tea/coffee making facilities. Free Wi-Fi is available in our public areas as well as within your room.
All the rooms are contemporary in décor and boast modern appliances including the en-suite.
A full English and continental breakfast is served each morning between 7am and 9am weekdays and 8am until 10am weekends, with an extensive, locally sourced menu including healthy options such as Poached Eggs and Brown Toast. Bailey’s Bar and Restaurant serve food all day, with a full a la carte menu which includes our famous North Sea Black Sheep Beer Battered Haddock & Chips, as well as Pan Fried Seabass and Corn Fed Chicken.
As well as all of the above, guests exploring County Durham receive a discount on entry to Beamish Museum, and Durham City is just a short bus ride from the hotel, with a number of buses going directly into the city stopping every 15 minutes. The warmest of welcomes awaits you at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, we look forward to your arrival.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Fishing, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 00:00
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
85% would recommend it to a friend
Honest Lawyer Hotel
Went for a night away with my partner.
We upgraded to four poster room. It was lovely, clean and very comfortable. Had a meal in the restaur...
One night stay
The room was fine.
it was a bit quirky very much like an American drive in motel(park you car right outside your door) pity there was no ice...