- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"We stayed here for just one night. We had a lovely room, very clean, with a large comfortable bed. Super ensuite bathroom. Breakfast was ok,..."
"The room we had was at the very top of the hotel and was exceptionally warm (even with the radiators off) and I found it difficult to sleep...."
"Very convenient for golf and town, well run, excellent breakfast food and service, good single en suite room..."
"We had a lovely big room here. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were fabulous! The only thing missing from the breakfast was has..."
About the hotel
The Ardgowan is centrally located within St Andrews, close to the town centre, the university and 200yds from the Old Course and R&A building. The hotel comprises of two grade B listed adjoining Georgian houses of architectural note designed by the famous Scottish Architect, George Rae. The Ardgowan Hotel has 36 bedrooms - 29 ensuite bedrooms are located in the main building and 7 are in the annexe, The Pilmour which is located next door to the main hotel (check in, check-out and breakfast are in the Ardgowan Hotel).
Within the hotel is AA Rosette awarded, Playfair’s Restaurant and Steakhouse which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition to the restaurant there is Playfair’s Bar which is located in the annexe, serving a bar food and drink daily. Free on-street parking is available directly opposite the Hotels and there are also free car parks close to the Hotels on North St and at Petheram Car Park. Cars may be parked free outside the Hotels after 5pm until 9am the next morning and all day on Sunday.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 21:00
- Up to 15 years old
- 17/08/2012 to 31/12/2021 - Please note: a pre-authorisation will be taken upto 48 hours before your arrival against the supplied card for your stay. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
nice hotel, great location
We stayed here for just one night.
We had a lovely room, very clean, with a large comfortable bed. Super ensuite bathroom. Breakfast was ok, no fresh fruit or yogurt, which we have come to expect in a hotel, but the cooked breakfast was hot and tasty. Staff all helpful and friendly.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time here with us, and that we were able to tick all your boxes during your stay. I do appreciate your comments on our breakfast, but we do provide natural yoghurt on our bar to go with our homemade granola and berry compote, so I’m surprised to see that you did not notice this when you dined with us. I’m glad you enjoyed your cooked breakfast from Playfair’s and that our staff made your stay memorable! We hope you can come stay with us again soon!
The room we had was at the very top of the hotel and was exceptionally warm (even with the radiators off) and I found it difficult to sleep.
I would hate to think what it's like during the height of summer. Gave the cleanliness a four as there were some hairs left on the shower gel - not nice. Had dinner in the restaurant and was delicious (although the Orkney scallop starter was a let down otherwise I would have given it a 6!) as was the breakfast.