- Very Good
- 46 guest reviews
"This was a lovely place to stay and if in the area again, will look out for it...."
"Great staff, very helpful, did everything requested of them straight away and with a smile. Will definitely make this my base when in Southa..."
"Very nice hotel room. Restaurant food was lovely, although the chap did forget my order so I waited around 45 minutes for the meal to arrive..."
"We arrived very late or would have complained before trying to sleep. The bed was very creaky especially on the right side making it impossi..."
"Room was o.k. but we got more cleanliness for less money. Reception was very friendly. food was less for high price and not so good..."
About the hotel
The Potters Heron occupies a quiet and tree-filled spot that still manages to be just a few minutes from major road links and is only 10 miles from Southampton. Situated in the heart of Hampshire, this charming hotel and bar-restaurant are instantly recognised by its majestic thatched roof. The hotel offers stylish bedrooms and the bar-restaurant the best in local food, beers, and wines.
There are 53 bedrooms, most with a balcony or terrace. The rooms are spacious and comfortably furnished in contemporary style. Free Wi-Fi and parking are available to all guests.
The bar-restaurant is open to both hotel guests and non-residents. In the summer there is a wide terrace area in front of the hotel and in winter a roaring log burner inside. The bar-restaurant is open from 9am and food is available all day from breakfast and morning coffee to lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks in the evening. There are daily specials and we offer a great roast lunch and delicious puddings from 12 noon on Sundays.
The Potters Heron enjoys an excellent location close to the M3 and channel ports of Portsmouth and Southampton. It is just a 10-minute drive from the centre of Eastleigh and equidistant between Romsey, Winchester, and Southampton.
There's much to do in the local area from forest walks and fishing nearby to exploring or shopping in Southampton or Portsmouth. The Potters Heron is well placed to visit Winchester with it's beautiful cathedral and boutique shops, charming Romsey and any number of New forest and Itchen valley river walks. The beautiful gardens of Exbury, Montisfort and Romsey are less than 20 minutes' drive away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
Very nice find
This was a lovely place to stay and if in the area again, will look out for it....
Excellent from start to finish
Great staff, very helpful, did everything requested of them straight away and with a smile.
Will definitely make this my base when in Southa...