- 1 guest reviews
"Looking for a place to stay whilst on a short break, Kirkpatrick House offered us a convenient position, closely situated to Gretna and only..."
About the hotel
Kirkpatrick House is a detached Georgian residence situated at the Gateway to Scotland near Gretna Green just two minutes from Junction 21 of the M74 motorway. We are ideally situated for touring South West Scotland, the Northern Lake District, Hadrian's Wall and the Scottish Borders. Gretna Green is only 3 miles away.
The house is set in its own private mature gardens with secure parking within the gated grounds. Enjoy watching our free ranging hens, then sample the eggs for breakfast. Cyclists and motor bikers may us our coach houses for overnight, undercover secure storage.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
- Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 16:00 21:00
- Up to 14 years old
- 25/07/2012 to 31/07/2021 - Full prepayment will be charged at the time of booking, which is non-refundable and non-transferable. This is a 'Room Only' booking. Breakfast is extra at £8.50 per person. No Children Under 3 ... The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
What a wonderful place to stay!
Looking for a place to stay whilst on a short break, Kirkpatrick House offered us a convenient position, closely situated to Gretna and only half an hour or so from Dumfries.
We stayed in the Family Double room with external bathroom as it was listed as a very large comfortable family room. On arrival at the beautiful Georgian period residence, we were warmly greeted by Carol who could not have been a more pleasant hostess. Over the few days we stayed, Carol provided more than adequate information and guidance on the history of the house and local area as well as sights to see and things to do, even so far as providing us with several maps and plenty of tourist leaflets. Carol’s recommendation to visit the Globe Inn in Dumfries we are especially grateful for as we tasted one of the most wonderful burgers we have ever eaten. The room we had booked was everything we had hoped for - spacious and immaculately kept with pretty views of the local church and surrounding fields. The level of cleanliness not only in our room and bathroom but throughout the entire residence was spotless. An important feature for us is that the beds and pillows have the appropriate protectors and we were delighted to find they were all present. The rooms were serviced every day throughout our stay, with fresh towels, tea/coffee etc. always changed & replenished. The family room proved to be a most comfortable area to relax in with an open log fire keeping us warm during the evening and the rooms sufficiently heated during the night - we would however suggest that you pack an extra jumper if you plan to be out in the winter months as it can get a bit nippy. Carol was also able to recommend the local pub, The Station Inn, for evening meals which provided excellent local food at a reasonable price. Highly recommended and Carol will most certainly be hearing from us in the future