- Very Good
- 38 guest reviews
"This is a charity run hotel and was originally for sailors so there are lots of seafaring things in the decor. The actual room was clean, qu..."
"Reasonably good hotel all in all. Very friendly staff but sadly the trip was slightly spoiled by the room we were allocated. The heat in the..."
"We were very impressed with this hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the west wing, the room was very hot but..."
"A pleasant hotel although the room was very hot and we struggled sleeping. Very convenient for the Naval base, where we were heading and con..."
"Good location, very helpful staff, great quality and selection of breakfast items. Comfortable!..."
About the hotel
Just a few hundred metres from Gunwharf Quays and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, the hotel offers free Wi-Fi, comfortable en suite rooms. The Royal Maritime Club has a superb location, just a short walk from Portsmouth Harbour Railway Station, the Spinnaker Tower and the shops, bars and restaurants of the Gunwharf Quays waterfront development. You can also explore Portsmouth’s rich naval history, with the Mary Rose, HMS Victory and HMS Warrior just a few minutes’ walk away.
All of the well-appointed en suite rooms have TVs and tea/coffee making facilities. Double and twin rooms have baths and showers. All guests can use the hotel’s leisure facilities (some facilities are chargeable and time restrictions apply). The hotel also offers a lunchtime cafe and a newly refurbished bar and restaurant.
Please note that on-site parking is limited, and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking cannot be reserved. On street parking is available around the hotel (JA or JD zones) using council scratch cards available at reception (£2. 50 for 24 hours). The historic dockyard car park is directly opposite the hotel. This is subject to availability, and hotel guests have a reduced rate (conditions apply).
Guests are advised that from time to time functions take place in the club. On these occasions it is possible music can be heard until midnight.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- Indoor Pool, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi, Snooker/Billiards
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
74% would recommend it to a friend
An unusual hotel
This is a charity run hotel and was originally for sailors so there are lots of seafaring things in the decor.
The actual room was clean, qu...
The Royal Maritime Club
Reasonably good hotel all in all.
Very friendly staff but sadly the trip was slightly spoiled by the room we were allocated. The heat in the...