- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"From stepping out of the car we were greeted by cheerful informative staff.We had an executive room which was spacious spotlessly clean and..."
"Spent the night for my partners birthday, The hotel and staff were brilliant...."
"Lovely hotel. Our 4th stay. Staff wonderful. Everything fantastic...."
"Beautiful hotel with a great location. Friendly staff. Unfortunately our room was not ready on arrival & wasn't always cleaned before late a..."
"First impressions on entering are of a compact lobby for a luxury hotel, but the hotel hides a lot. The room was very spacious and comfortab..."
About the hotel
The 5-star Grand Hotel & Spa offers stylish rooms and a luxury vaulted Spa. Set in the iconic Grade II Listed former railway headquarters, it has bedrooms that feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, bathrobes, slippers, Molton Brown toiletries and an evening turn down service. Located alongside York’s historic wall, and just a five minute walk from the city’s delightful maze of medieval streets and boutique shops.
The Grand is in an ideal position to enjoy all the delights which York has to offer. A modern British menu is available in the 3 AA Rosette-awarded Hudson's, while traditional afternoon teas are served daily in the HQ Restaurant. The cosy bar offers beverages and snacks, and fresh continental breakfasts are served daily. The luxury 'Spa at The Grand' has a 14 metre swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room. There is also a modern fitness centre and elegant treatment rooms, offering face and body care treatments. An NCP car park is next to the hotel, and guests' cars will be valet parked from the front door. York Rail Station is just 3 minutes’ walk from The Grand, and the historical city centre.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View)
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- 14/11/2016 to 14/11/2025 - Dogs allowed by prior arrangement fee payable. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
The Grand Hotel & Spa
From stepping out of the car we were greeted by cheerful informative staff.We had an executive room which was spacious spotlessly clean and...
Great Nights stay
Spent the night for my partners birthday,
The hotel and staff were brilliant....