- 52 guest reviews
"The Gilson Hotel is great value considering the Ibson over the other side of Anlaby Road is £75 per night compared to a deal of £48 at The G..."
"Hotel was OK. Did what it said on the can. Breakfast was pretty average. Bed was uncomfortable, but otherwise fine...."
"Excellent value for money and good location, short of car parking spaces but possible to find on street parking after 6pm if not then it's £..."
"Very good hotel value for money and good customer service, very clean as well...."
About the hotel
Conveniently located in the centre of Hull, the Gilson Hotel boasts super-fast free WiFi in all areas, late bar and limited free parking on site. Hull Railway Station is opposite the property, approximately 200 yards away. The rooms each have moderns en-suite bathrooms with either a walk-in shower or a bathtub.
All rooms have a flat-screen TV with Freeview channels. The Humber BT and Sky Sports Bar is open 7 days a week for residents and public. Gilson Hotel serves continental/hot buffet breakfast Monday to Friday 06. 30 to 08. 30, Saturday-Sunday and Bank Holidays 8. 00 to 10. 00. The property also has meeting rooms for meetings, parties or celebrations that can house anywhere from 2 to 200 delegates. The Humber Bridge is a 20-minute drive away and the University of Hull is 2. 7 miles away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Snooker/Billiards, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
62% would recommend it to a friend
The room was huge with a laminate floor and the radiator did not work properly.
It was tepid and the room was freezing cold all night.
The Gilson Hotel is great value considering the Ibson over the other side of Anlaby Road is £75 per night compared to a deal of £48 at The Gilson.
Placed in a good location for all shopping and city centre amenities. The Hotel car park is limited with first come first served , but at the railway station just around the corner a five minutes walk away. Parking costs £7.50 for 24 hours and is safe with CCTV.