- 9 guest reviews
"I can't fault Doxford Hall at all. I had been here before earlier in the year on a spa/afternoon tea experience so knew what to expect, howe..."
"Ideal hotel for a peaceful stay. Fine dining in the restaurant -food was superb (although on the pricier side of things), but we were treati..."
"Really enjoyed our stay the room itself was beautiful and bathroom was the biggest I've seen. Loved the Molton Brown miniatures. Only issue..."
"A beautiful hotel, at this time of year quiet, but that was just what we wanted and having stayed two years ago we had certain expectations..."
"Fantastic hotel in peaceful rural setting. We stayed in a deluxe room which was themed around George Stephenson. Attention to detail was exc..."
About the hotel
Located 8 miles from historic Alnwick and perfect for exploring the Northumberland countryside and coastline, this magnificent 4 Red Star AA rated country house offers extensive spa and leisure facilities, luxurious accommodation and fine dining. Originally built in 1818, the Hotel has been lovingly refurbished and great care has been taken to preserve the many wonderful period features including an impressive grand staircase, beautiful woodwork, paintings and roaring log fires. Standing within its own private 10 acre estate, the delightfully tranquil surroundings provide an idyllic setting for those seeking an indulgent retreat.
Each of the 31 en-suite guestrooms have their own traditional charm and character yet they all benefit from modern facilities, bespoke furniture and many even have views over the gardens. Designed to provide the highest standards of comfort and convenience all rooms feature an internet connection, flat-screen TV, hairdryer, complimentary toiletries, hairdryer and 24 hour room service. There are plenty of accommodation options to choose from including Classic Double or Twin rooms, larger Executive rooms and luxurious Superior Rooms with King-Size beds. PLEASE NOTE - superior rooms cannot accommodate Dogs or Extra beds.
For those serious about their food, the AA Rosette awarded George Runciman Restaurant offers a sublimely authentic fine-dining experience. Open daily, the contemporary table d’hôte and à la carte menus change with the seasons assuring a variety of innovative and creative cuisine including their acclaimed Sunday Lunch. Guests can also enjoy afternoon tea in the Georgian Room overlooking the original estate, or perhaps a few pre-dinner drinks in the Cocktail Bar.
For those seeking to indulge in a spot of relaxation and well-being, the Spa at Doxford Hall is an ideal venue in which to fully unwind and rejuvenate. Sooth away the stress and strains of modern living by enjoying a session in one of their five Tranquillity Suites. There is also a Fitness Suite complete with a high-tech gymnasium, swimming pool, sauna and steam rooms.
With such a peaceful location and elegant surroundings, the Hotel is the perfect choice for private functions such as weddings, special occasions and corporate events.
The Hotel is situated less than a 5 minute drive from the A1 and just 15 minutes north of Alnwick, it also has plenty of free on-site parking for all guests. Newcastle upon Tyne is roughly 45 minutes away and offers excellent transport links to the rest of the country. There is also a train station at Alnmouth, just over a 20 minute taxi ride from the Hotel. For those flying in it’s a 50 minute drive from Newcastle International Airport. It is also ideally located as a stop off point when travelling between London and Edinburgh.
Doxford Hall is perfectly situated for those wishing to explore the stunning Northumberland countryside and coastline. The Holy Island of Lindisfarne, Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh, Alnwick Garden, beautiful beaches and the Northumberland National Park are all just a short drive away. Just a little further afield is the historic town of Berwick and the rolling hills, valleys and moorland of the Scottish Borders. For those who crave the excitement of the city lights, Newcastle upon Tyne offers visitors a vibrant nightlife, extensive shopping, award-winning theatre and arts as well as a fascinating architectural heritage.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, Fishing
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 14 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
I can't fault Doxford Hall at all.
I had been here before earlier in the year on a spa/afternoon tea experience so knew what to expect, howe...
Ideal hotel for a peaceful stay.
Fine dining in the restaurant -food was superb (although on the pricier side of things), but we were treati...