- Very Good
- 36 guest reviews
"Great little hotel with lovely atmosphere. Very friendly and clearly a hit with the locals as well...."
"Enjoyed a one night stay with breakfast for a reasonable price, nice clean, comfortable room with balcony. Nice food especially the Thai men..."
"Excellent Value. A very pleasant, small hotel with good food...."
"Very well situated to Durham. Great rooms for the price charged. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay again...."
"Very nice hotel. Room was spacious and with all the commodities. The staff very friendly and helpful. Easy to find and at excellent location..."
About the hotel
For whatever reason you have chosen to visit the North East, you will find that the Highfield Hotel is ideally situated for all amenities. As a base for your holiday you will be within an easy drive to the North Pennines, Hadrian's wall, Northumberland and the borders. To the east lie many coastal resorts and sailing facilities.
The ancient city of Durham with its Cathedral, Castle and market are just minutes to the south. For shopping you will be spoiled for choice. The world famous Metro Centre and Eldon Square are within 20 minutes drive and you will find the city of Durham and Sunderland a shoppers paradise. Our well appointed Star of Siam authentic Thai restaurant is the longest established Thai restaurant in the North East It caters for 195 persons giving them magnificent views of Penshaw Monument and surrounding valley. We are open seven days a week,serving lunch and dinners . Whether it's a simple business lunch for two or that special occasion, our menus will suit all. Six of our rooms have balcony's with views of Penshaw monument and surrounding valleys. Most of our rooms have free wi-fi connectivity, which is also available in the bar. which is ideal for that quiet meeting where coffee or snacks can be arranged.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Smoking allowed in bedrooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Great little hotel with lovely atmosphere.
Very friendly and clearly a hit with the locals as well.
Enjoyed a one night stay with breakfast for a reasonable price, nice clean, comfortable room with balcony.
Nice food especially the Thai menu. Very friendly staff who are working very hard.