- Very Good
- 9 guest reviews
"When checking in was given keys . Wasn't asked if we would be eating there that evening. Had to ask what was available. Was given menus and..."
"We have stayed at The Grand 5 times now & once again we had an excellent visit. This hotel is top class. Customer service is exceptional. Th..."
"Beautiful hotel and room was brilliant...."
"Lovely and warm hotel with friendly staff. breakfast excellent and efficient service. Copper fields bar offered excellent food and cask beer..."
"The Grand is just that....grand! We stayed in room 328 which was an executive room with both a double and single bed with a separate seating..."
About the hotel
The Grand Hotel, which was originally built in 1872 as a home for the Duchess of Northumberland, is majestically situated on a cliff top commanding some of the most stunning views of natural coastline in the country. The hotel is steeped in history and has been carefully refurbished with no expense being spared to create its own individual style of elegance and luxury. It offers a great base from which to explore the coastal areas, Newcastle City, and rural Northumbria.
We offer 45 luxurious guest bedrooms, many with stunning sea views. We also have an acclaimed Victoria Restaurant offering exciting dinners and great value lunches, a relaxed Drawing Room with sea-views and Copperfields Bar offering traditional home cooked meals. The Hotel has on its doorstep the award winning Tynemouth Longsands beach and is only three minutes walk from both the historic Tynemouth Priory and Castle and the picturesque village of Tynemouth. The latter featuring many bars, restaurants and village-style shops.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Jacuzzi, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 17 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
When checking in was given keys .
Wasn't asked if we would be eating there that evening. Had to ask what was available. Was given menus and told dinning room was closed that evening. Room had lovely sea view , as we had booked, but when retiring for the night the bed was so uncomfortable I could not sleep, I had to put pillows at the side of me . Such a shame the beds aren't checked on a regular basis I'm sure I've not been the first to complain .
We have stayed at The Grand 5 times now & once again we had an excellent visit.
This hotel is top class. Customer service is exceptional. The room was very comfortable & the staff are so professional but really friendly. We only live approx 12 miles away but like to treat ourselves now & then to a night of luxury not too far away. The breakfast menu has a great variety of choice & is absolutely perfect.