- 21 guest reviews
"I did not appreciate being charged a fee for paying by debit card!..."
"The room needs updating the bathroom was looking old, also the outside window had some mould on which wasn't good to look at. The room it's..."
"Used this hotel for overnight airport stays on many occasions. Finding it more than adequate for a brief stay. The food is not bad only conc..."
"You get what you pay for price of £39-00 was fair..."
"Not the Ritz but perfectly Ok for a short stay...."
About the hotel
A modern, 3 storey hotel, within 3 miles of Newcastle Airport. Offering 105 tastefully decorated and fully furnished bedrooms all with en-suite, TV, Hairdryer, Telephone and Tea & Coffee making facilities. There is a restaurant, The Old Ragoon serving Continental and Traditional dishes including an a la carte menu for those wanting to treat themselves.
The Cocktail Bar is more relaxed and serves lighter bites throughout the day until late evening. Thanks to our 24 hour room service guests can order light meals and drinks. The hotel also features six Conference rooms available for any occasion and accommodates up to 400 people. This is ideal place for Business and Leisure guests alike. WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel. The Britannia Airport Hotel is ON SITE at Newcastle Airport & does not offer a transfer service. If assistance is required getting to the airport, which is a 3 minute walk, please ask at reception on arrival at the hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
57% would recommend it to a friend
Coming out of Newcastle airport at 23:55 you can see the Britannia hotel but we could not see any directions or sign posts and ended up walking down a pitch black path and ended up at the back of the hotel with no way to get in so ended up flagging down a taxi which took us to the hotel so much for a 3minute walk.
£3 debit card charge or £5 credit card charge so we paid hotel with cash but were unable to get a receipt,grumpy receptionist on checking out.
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport
I did not appreciate being charged a fee for paying by debit card!...