About the hotel
The Barcelona Universal Hotel is very close to Las Ramblas, the Fira de Barcelona, the Gothic Quarter and the Old Port. Although there is no need to take the underground to go to the centre, as you can get there on foot, there is an underground stop just in front of the hotel that will bring you to any part of the city. There is a touristic bus stop near the Hotel.
Also, bus number 24, which goes straight to Park Guell (Gaudi's Park), stops in front of the Hotel. The Barcelona Universal Hotel has 167 modern rooms and 3 suites with private terrace and Jacuzzi. We also offer 4 fully-equipped conference rooms and a floor with rooms that can be used as personal offices, private parking and a Business Centre with free internet access (broadband and wireless). The Hotel offers WIFI free of charge in all areas and rooms. Also in the rooms exists the possibility of using broadband internet connection free of charge. The hotel also boasts a gym, an outdoor pool, and a solarium that offers extraordinary views of Barcelona. Discover the unforgettable Rambla, or go for a stroll along Port Vell, through the Gothic Neighbourhood and explore the Liceu Opera House, the Catalan Music Palace, the Cathedral, the Magic Fountains of Montjuic, the Caixa Forum, the Grec Theater, the Poble Espanyol, the Mies van der Rohe Pavilion or the Olympic Stadium. Also nearby are the World Trade Centre, the Fira de Barcelona and the Palau de Congressos, key spots for business activities in the city.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Porter, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre
- Gymnasium, Outdoor Pool, Massage, Solarium, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Foreign (European)
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The LateRooms.com rate for Hotel Barcelona Universal in Barcelona is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 1.25(EUR) per person per night and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
0% would recommend it to a friend
Quite basic but functional rooms.
No plug socket by mirror ( only one in room) so had to straighten my hair blind!. Very thin walls so could hear other guests using the bathroom. Breakfast not worth 15 euros. Very tired looking cooked breakfast and dried up fruit.