- 35 guest reviews
"For the laterooms price that we paid, it was good value, a large comfortable room and a hearty breakfast. The decor, and some of the furnitu..."
"All excellent except one little niggle. The TV in our room had poor reception on the main channels, the picture kept continually fragmenting..."
"All the staff were very cheerful,welcoming, attentive and highly professional. They were all a credit to the staff training programme. The b..."
About the hotel
Situated just 100 yards above the centre of the village of Bowness on Windermere the Hydro Hotel offers wonderful panoramic views over the north of Lake Windermere and is close enough to the village for you to explore. Built in 1873, the Hydro is a wonderful Victorian hotel tastefully decorated to cater for today's discerning visitors and in a building adjacent to the Hydro is our own indoor swimming pool, sauna, spa bath and gymnasium. Free parking and WiFi available for guests.
The Hydro has 78 tastefully decorated bedrooms, all en suite with TV, tea making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press and computer point.
The comfortable bar overlooks the lake and has a wide range of beers, wines and spirits all priced competitively. The Hydro also has a large number of public rooms that make it an ideal conference and wedding venue.
The southern fells of the lake district are just a short distance away and if you want to try something less strenuous then golf can be booked at Windermere Golf Club (tee times subject to availability).
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- By 11:00 hours
- Up to 9 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
49% would recommend it to a friend
For the laterooms price that we paid, it was good value, a large comfortable room and a hearty breakfast.
The decor, and some of the furniture, looked rather tired and dated, and could do with freshening up. The magnificent function room where we had breakfast seemed in a time-warp with its dull faded peach walls and ceiling. Staff were far more contemporary, friendly and helpful. We asked for and were given a room overlooking the lake, and the view would have been superb if it had stopped raining. The grand surroundings were a nice change from the usual family-run B&B.
Hotel needs updating and beds upgrading.