- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"What a hotel, excellent food, excellent sights, wonderful staff, will definitely be back again..."
"Room was a really good size foe 2 adults and 2 children. Hotel was very short staffed and had a coach load in and one only member on for bre..."
"The room was lovely, although Could do with updating. Other than that the place was beautiful, clean, homely and had gorgeous views and faci..."
"Excellent location with beautiful view of the coastline. We were located in the "Sandpiper" room for our stay which I found to be very comfo..."
"Tea and coffee making facilities: Not enough milk, coffee powder and sugar...."
About the hotel
Glendorgal is refreshingly different, set in 17 acres of private headland overlooking the tumbling waves of the Atlantic and providing guests with magnificent views of the beautiful North Cornish coastline. Guests can enjoy a small and intimate ‘boutique’ style hotel steeped in history. With 26 bedrooms which are stylishly decorated with a beach theme running throughout, many of the bedrooms enjoy views across Porth Beach and the coastline.
These views can also be enjoyed whilst relaxing in the conservatory of the Watermark Brasserie and Bar which offers delicious food and wine. The Glendorgal fulfils every dream of the perfect Cornish holiday. All 26 En-suite bedrooms are stylishly decorated equipped with all modern facilities, using the beach as inspiration from the names of the bedrooms to the colours of the linen and furnishings. Many of the bedrooms have stunning views of the Cornish coastline which enables guests to relax and unwind. Glendorgal also features a heated swimming pool and a fitness room. There is also a fitness centre, and private on-site parking is available. After enjoying the crystal clear waters of the Cornish coastline and Porth Beach, why not unwind in the comfort of the Watermark Brasserie and Bar which is the perfect spot in which to enjoy a delicious meal. Watch the sunset as you dine in style and indulge in the menu that caters for all tastes, with seafood as a speciality and wherever possible are locally sourced. Newquay is the UK’s surf capital hosting many high profile national and international surfing competitions, as well as surfing there are many other adrenaline-charged sports available. For those who prefer a more relaxed and idyllic break there are beautiful gardens, museums, galleries and Cornish heritage to enjoy. Places of interest such as Newquay Zoo, Blue Reef Aquarium and the Eden Project are just a few of the attractions to be enjoyed by all. Please note, single sex parties (ie "Hen/Stag" Parties) are not accepted. The hotel reserves the right to ask any such parties to vacate the property.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 14 years old
- 22/10/2014 to 27/01/2017 - Please note the Watermark Brasserie is closed in Sunday evenings. The sauna and steam room is currently being renovated and is not accessible for the public The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
What a hotel, excellent food, excellent sights, wonderful staff, will definitely be back again
Room was a really good size foe 2 adults and 2 children.
Hotel was very short staffed and had a coach load in and one only member on for breakfast. Food was ok, very basic. Room was big, did smell of damp, the general hotel was quite run down, with very noisy floor boards. But it was a good location looking over the sea