- Very Good
- 27 guest reviews
"Very friendly pub with husband and wife team. Great local ale and excellent breakfast. Refreshing to find someone who knows how to poach egg..."
"A quick one night stay - attractive pub, wonderful hosts, a clean and quiet room. Very convenient location...."
"This hotel was delightful, if you like really old historic buildings, then this one is for you. The bar area has a real log fire, which was..."
"Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice room. Access was a little difficult for my 85 year old father as there was no lift, but we managed...."
"My room was a perfect size for me and very comfortable. I noticed DVDs on the landing which was a nice touch if you couldn't find anything t..."
About the hotel
The White Bear is reputed to be the oldest pub in Devizes, with a lineage that can be traced back to the first recorded landlord in 1567! It is set close to the market square in the heart of the town. Close enough to the brewery for our beer be delivered by the last working horse drawn dray in the country. The traditional bar area features original beams and a wood burning stove, giving a wonderful authentic atmosphere.
Serving a full range of wines, spirits and soft drinks, our real pride is in our real ales, brewed at the Wadworths brewery situated less than a mile from the pub. At local real ales are available at all times and we regularly feature seasonal craft ales.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 21:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
White Bear Devizes
Very friendly pub with husband and wife team.
Great local ale and excellent breakfast. Refreshing to find someone who knows how to poach eggs to perfection. Room was warm and clean with good WIFI. All you want when you are staying away on business.
Friendly and reasonably priced
A quick one night stay - attractive pub, wonderful hosts, a clean and quiet room.
Very convenient location.