- Very Good
- 14 guest reviews
"2nd time here and I will be back, great service, great food. Room had everything I needed...."
"Very pleasant stay. The accomodation was very dated and cold on arrival but the staff got right to it and it was sorted it very quickly. The..."
"Great little find last minute. Friendly staff, good food and comfortable room. Bit hot with central heating on and noise carries from event..."
"i have stayed here before and this time was just as enjoyable as the last. The room was lovely and bright, the shower powerful and spacious...."
"On arrival at the hotel we checked in and was given room 25, on proceeding to the room, when we opened the door the room we was given hadn't..."
About the hotel
Nestled amid 45 acres of picturesque parkland with 3 fishing lakes, this charming hotel boasts a tranquil and relaxed environment within the natural beauty of Dunkeswell, Devon. During your stay at Lake View Manor you can enjoy a stroll through the surrounding meadows, listening to the birds and admiring the beautiful trees and wild flowers. Alternatively you can explore the 3 private lakes, where you can often see leaping carp.
After a long day of exploring the area, you can return to the friendly and welcoming Manor to enjoy traditional home-cooked meals in a relaxed environment. After dinner, why not sample the locally brewed Otter ales in the bar, for a true taste of Devon. Whether you are here for a short break, holiday or business trip, you'll find 17 comfortable rooms to suit individuals, couples and families. There are excellent facilities and idyllic views, perfect for families, fishing trips or last minute getaways. The Restaurant at Lakeview Manor is open to residents and non-residents. Guests can enjoy fresh local produce in a relaxed atmosphere, both lunchtimes and evenings. The 'hog roasts' are fast becoming legendary, with a whole west country pig roasted on a spit, and serving upto 80 guests at a time. Pride of place on the well stocked bar is a selection of locally brewed Otter Ales offering a true taste of Devon, full of individual flavour and aromas. The main lake at Lakeview Manor covers two acres and is well stocked with carp, tench, rudd and perch. Both fishing lakes are open to residents and club members only. There are many outstanding sea-fishing venues nearby. Particularly recommending the mackerel fishing or booking a boat trip from Beer, Exmouth or Lyme Regis, nothing quite beats deep-sea fishing for an exhilarating day out. Devon has over 40 golf courses to choose from including Heath, Parkland, Links golf and a championship course at Saunton Sands. The hotel is happy to arrange trips for Golf Societies including club recommendations and bookings.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- Croquet, Fishing
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 16 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
2nd time here and I will be back, great service, great food.
Room had everything I needed.
Friendly and helpful staff
Very pleasant stay.
The accomodation was very dated and cold on arrival but the staff got right to it and it was sorted it very quickly. They could not do enough for you. This made everything else a minor detail. It was very clean and my son enjoyed the space the room gave us. We would definitely return.