- 8 guest reviews
"Due to either lack of staff or overbooking we were unable to eat before 9.00 o clock on both nights so therefore we took a taxi in to Peeble..."
"Stay was booked as a 50th Birthday/engagement celebration and it was a disaster. The room I thought I had booked wasn't given us. It wasn't..."
"First room was very cold, had no tv and bathroom had not been cleaned properly! When we went back to reception, the receptionist was very he..."
"My husband and I enjoyed a last minute weekend here. We loved the situation of the hotel with the cycle path at the back where we could walk..."
"The staff are brilliant, the room was excellent, pool etc very good Some rough edges though where maintenance is letting the team down Outs..."
About the hotel
Looking for a modern hotel in timeless natural surroundings? The 4 star deluxe Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa, Peebles near Edinburgh enjoys a unique setting in the beautiful Tweed Valley with exceptional views of dramatic countryside. The hotel is situated in Cardrona, Peebles only 30 minutes from Edinburgh International Airport, 40 minutes from Edinburgh City centre and 90 minutes from Glasgow and the North of England. Macdonald Cardrona is the perfect venue for both business and pleasure.
With luxuriously appointed bedrooms throughout, Macdonald Cardrona Hotel,Golf & Spa offers its guests a comprehensive range of services and facilities including an award-winning AA Rosette restaurant, challenging 18 hole golf course, Vital spa and health club, outdoor activities area and its own fishing beat on the famous river Tweed. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Golf 18 Hole, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Fishing, [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 12/08/2008 to 25/10/2018 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival.Failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Due to either lack of staff or overbooking we were unable to eat before 9.00 o clock on both nights so therefore we took a taxi in to Peebles and ate there both nights as 9.00 o clock was to late to eat as they stopped serving dinner at 9.45.
Stay was booked as a 50th Birthday/engagement celebration and it was a disaster.
The room I thought I had booked wasn't given us. It wasn't a refurbished one but an old one which was clean but tired. We were on the 4th floor and the free WiFi was useless in the room. The Spa pool was cold as a pump had broken and the heating was also cold. The hotel was full and like a human zoo. The only lounge area was small and in the lobby. We couldn't get dinner there as they were unable to cope with the volume of people. We were offered a table after 10 o'clock at night and had to go outside the hotel to eat. We were given a letter through the door saying breakfast couldn't cope and telling us to go very early or do room service. we did room service which arrived 10 minutes late, was poor quality and cold!!. We also had to chase it up. Totally disappointed. Avoid!!