- Very Good
- 23 guest reviews
"One of the best. An exceptional stay. From the minute you drive in, park and enter reception, the hotel exudes care, attention and service...."
"Stayed for one night on the way north from Goodwood. This has to be one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Staff were friendly and helpful..."
"Lovely hotel, good food, will stay there again, and price with late rooms was reasonable...."
"We fully enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would have no hesitation in booking up again...."
"Hotel was great. Very clean and had everything we needed. The room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Toiletries top quality. Close to town cen..."
About the hotel
Just over three miles from the centre of Oxford, this luxury four star De Vere Oxford Thames hotel offers an elegant retreat from the bustle of the city. Set in 30 acres of beautiful parkland leading down to the River Thames, its unique architectural style incorporates charming medieval buildings, along with sympathetically designed modern additions. From the stunning baronial-style reception area to the elegant River Room Restaurant, you could not find a more perfect setting for a memorable stay.
Sit back with a drink in one of the hotel’s beautiful lounge areas, or enjoy a meal from the tempting Crusader’s Lounge menu. For dining with a stunning view of parkland and the River Thames, choose the River Room Restaurant, where the menu offers the best of classic and contemporary cuisine. Hotel guests can make full use of Jeromes Leisure Club during their stay, and can enjoy the Roman-style swimming pool, spa bath, sauna, steam room and state of the art gymnasium. Outside, there is a riverside tennis court and acres of parkland to walk in. Oxford has something to appeal to every visitor. The famous Bicester Village outlet shopping centre is nearby, as is Blenheim Palace, perfect for a day out.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi, Tennis Courts, [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
De Vere Oxford Thames
I booked weekend away to celebrate my wife's birthday.
I scoured the Internet looking for hotels with history and character and came across this one which was described as medieval. When we arrived both me and my wife were very disappointed as 90% of the hotel was actually very recently built with only a small element of medieval smattering. I had upgraded the room when booking to give my wife and extra treat only to be allocated a room that looked like a slightly bigger upgrade to a budget hotel and not the medieval experience I was expecting. One complaint later and we were moved to the old part of the hotel where despite the room having some character terms was very small. The hotel could not arrange for flowers or any other happy birthday wishes to be placed in the room. Considering I paid well over £200 for one night, the whole experience was underwhelming. I could see my wife was disappointed with my efforts. We had to contact reception 3 times. Once for a bottle opener, once to have the bath cleaned as it had nail Polish remover from a previous guest and once to get the bathroom radiator working which required brute force. The staff were friendly and the spa facilities were good. However I would not recommend paying more that 100per night to stay at this hotel otherwise you may be disappointed. I have stayed in historical hotels before at half the price and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. However not at this place.
Oxford Thames Four Pillars Hotel
One of the best.
An exceptional stay. From the minute you drive in, park and enter reception, the hotel exudes care, attention and service. The room was very comfortable and clean and it was lovely to have windows that open sufficiently wide to allow fresh air in!. Would definitely book again for another stay.