- Very Good
- 1 guest reviews
"This is a wonderful place to stay, the staff are extremely friendly and courteous always pleased to assist with the needs of the traveler. W..."
About the hotel
Set on the edge of the Tudor village of Cuckfield, Ockenden Manor combines Elizabethan country house splendour with modern luxuries that include an award-winning spa and Michelin-starred cuisine. Set in 9 acres of grounds with fine views over the Sussex Downs just an hour from London and 20 minutes from Gatwick Airport, this beautifully elegant Elizabethan House offers the perfect gateway to the beautiful south of England. Ockenden Manor’s 28 distinctive bedrooms and suites are all individually furnished and each is named after a member of one of the two families that has owned the building since 1520.
Each room has an en-suite bathroom, hospitality tray, satellite TV, trouser press and hairdryer, complimentary wifi throughout the building. The Michelin-starred restaurant at Ockenden Manor offers a superb fine dining experience with stunning views of the South Downs National Park. Under the expert guidance of Head Chef, Stephen Crane, the restaurant serves some of the finest food in southern England incorporating the freshest ingredients, sourced locally in Sussex whenever possible. Guests have a choice of fixed price menus or the gastronomic seven course Tasting Menu. An inspired wine list complements the cuisine. The Spa, purpose-built inside the 19th century walled garden, is a contemporary and airy haven from the hustle and bustle of life. It has a host of luxury facilities including eight treatment rooms, spa lounge, indoor swimming pool with swim-through to the outdoor heated pool, state of the art fitness suite and fitness studio, outdoor hot tub, indoor spa bath, sauna, steam room and floatation room.
- Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Outdoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, Croquet
- In Room Entertainment
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 1 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
This is a wonderful place to stay, the staff are extremely friendly and courteous always pleased to assist with the needs of the traveler.
We booked B&B including evening meal. The evening Al La Carte meal was extremely good, the menu explained the choices very well and what we had was cooked to perfection. Would stay here again if down Sussex way again.