- Very Good
- 56 guest reviews
"Overall a very nice hotel, excellent evening meal, and extremely conveniently located for a city break visit...."
"Room was amazing and to a high standed with very friendly and helpful staff...."
"Staff very polite and helpful. Room very basic. Curtains allowed a lot of light through. Bed very comfy.view from room lovely...."
"Room service late night menu could have more of a variety but good overall...."
"Had a fantastic nights stay at the Abode and simply class from the time you walk through the door, reception staff were so welcoming and the..."
About the hotel
ABode's fifth opening and the first new build. The hotel features 85 Comfortable, Desirable, Enviable and Fabulous bedrooms all fitted to ABode's high standards and boasting magnificent views of Chester and the Welsh hills. At the centre of it all is a stunning fifth floor Abode Restaurant and Champagne bar.
There is also an intimate Lounge Bar which are located on the ground floor and offer the opportunity for alfresco eating and drinking. ABode Chester also offers private dining and versatile meeting and event spaces for up to 100 guests. There is also a residents gym equipped with state of the art Technogym equipment. Situated alongside Chester's historic racecourse and five minutes walk from the city centre ABode Chester is the perfect place to stay whatever your reason for visiting. Group bookings constitute over 6 bedrooms and the hotel may contact you to issue a separate cancellation policy. Within a few minutes walk to the city centre, the hotel is in easy access to Chester Zoo and Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet. Abode Chester is located 1. 5 miles from Chester Railway Station.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- 23/05/2016 to 31/12/2025 - Please note: Guests booking a Non-refundable rate must ensure the card used at the time of booking is presented on check in or a third party form is required prior to arrival The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Poor room for money
The room cost 150 pounds and was little more than a travelodge it was discounted to that through late rooms so dread to think of the real cost wont be returning .
Unfortunately our overall stay was very disappointing for the short space of time we were actually at the hotel.
The hotels priority is clearly the weddings that take place with no consideration whatsoever for paying guests. We were given a room (417) directly beneath the wedding party and the noise continued on until 1:30am. The music stopped at around midnight, which was fine, but then it sounded like a building site....there was constant banging and what sounded like someone dropping lead weights from a height. I must add that on arrival we were advised by the receptionist that a wedding was taking place purely to inform us of the facilities that were unavailable i.e. the restaurant, but no mention of the noise considering where our room was located.
It surprises me that it hasn't been suggested to offer these rooms to the wedding party, just a thought. If it couldn't get any worse, to my annoyance the remote control wasn't working so my poor exhausted husband who drove a little over 4 hours from London to Chester was up and down changing the channels. I mentioned this to the receptionist on checking out and she said 'oh dear' she'll get someone to take a look....not even an apology or thank you for letting her know. Again, she too busy worrying about the next arrival of the wedding party. I understand that weddings generate a considerable amount of revenue but I also think it is important to treat 'all' your paying guests fairly. We eventually got to sleep around 3am only to be woken up by the loud ringing of hotel alarm at 9 o'clock, which turned out to be a false alarm. At this point sleep deprivation has kicked in and being 4 months pregnant I regretted booking with aBode especially as it was supposed to be a little treat for our wedding anniversary. At this point I am looking forward to breakfast, which we paid an additional £15 each. We ordered it to our room and it arrived on time, a good start. I ordered the hot continental breakfast and my husband the cold. The baguette was literally dipped and dripping in butter but having paid £15 I attempted to eat some if it seeing as I paid for it.....it was a mistake as I spent the rest of the time in the bathroom being sick. So including our parking (£12.50) we paid a total of £155 for the above, would you pay.