- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"Fabulous hotel. Helpful staff. Lovely food...."
"Traveling on my own I thought I had found a gem to recharge my batteries in between long working days. Set in beautiful countryside I receiv..."
"We used this location as a break on a journey from Yorkshire to Skye. The main part of the hotel is lovely and the place itself is in a supe..."
"Set in rural Pershire beside the river Tay the hotel may seem remote but the surroundings are idyllic. We stayed in the Riveside suite sligh..."
"The House was exultant. But we felt that the Lawns and paths was not of the best standard, The Service and hospitality was first class ...."
About the hotel
Situated within its own 1500 acre estate Ballathie Country House Hotel has the enviable stunning location on the banks of the River Tay only a few miles from the City of Perth, Gateway to the Scottish Highlands. Ballathie House has been a country house retreat for generations of guests and prides itself on a long history of looking after people. A tradition which now continues as a four star luxury hotel with a 2AA rosette award winning fine dining restaurant.
The hotel has 41 bedrooms with Classic rooms in the main house enjoying views overlooking the river or surrounding countryside and each one being individually decorated, offering comfort and all amenities expected of a luxury country house. Also located in the main house are the Master bedrooms which are spacious with modern touches having been sensitively introduced to blend well with the period features. Master bedrooms are subject to availability on request with a room supplement applicable. Perfect for special occasions. The Riverside Hotel rooms lie a mere 100 yards from the main house, linked by a lit pathway through the garden. Each bedroom is incredibly restful with its own patio or balcony with spectacular views over the River Tay. All riverside rooms have the same luxurious finish as the rooms in the main hotel. Suites are subject to availability on request with a room supplement applicable. Sportsman’s lodges are a short stroll, (80 yards), from the main house. Each room is self contained with its own private access and private facilities, offering good quality alternative three star accommodation. Breakfast is served in the main hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Croquet, Fishing, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- By 11:00 hours
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Ballathie House Hotel
Helpful staff. Lovely food.
Traveling on my own I thought I had found a gem to recharge my batteries in between long working days.
Set in beautiful countryside I received a warm welcome from the staff in the beautiful main house and was told that my room was in a Sportsman's Lodge which I am sure is wonderful if you're a sportsman with muddy boots.
The room was in a separate, single story u shaped building (so the rooms overlooked each other) just along from the main house past the kitchen bins and it was basic.
The walls were thin, the floor was very creaky and I did not anticipate spending the evening listening to another guests dog barking and crying. The dogs owners had left it on its own whilst they enjoyed their dinner in restaurant, the dog and I were not impressed.
When I called to complain (which I really hate doing) the staff were very apologetic and asked the owner to return to the dog ... once they'd finished their desert. They did return, settle the dog and then left it again to occasionally bark/cry keeping me awake and stressed until they returned to sleep themselves. Then to add insult to injury, I was woken during the night when heavy rain crashed over the guttering which must have been blocked. Aside from the above though, credit must be given to the restaurant, the food was delightful and the service was outstanding.