- 36 guest reviews
"Good location in the centre of Harrogate. Difficult to find if driving there and more difficult to park because hotel doesn't have many spac..."
"A lovely stay, central to the area I was working. Welcoming and friendly staff, who went the extra mile to make my stay enjoyable. Food requ..."
"Our room the decor was shabby the bathroom had a broken sink & peeling paint the corridors really need a spruce up..."
"Read mixed reviews of this hotel after I had booked it, and recent ones too, but my experience was a pleasant one and I didn't really see an..."
"Very spacious indeed. More character than a modern hotel. Good breakfast. Very good location...."
About the hotel
Situated in the heart of Harrogate on the main A61 road to Ripon and adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre's Exhibition Halls and Royal Hall, the elegant, spacious St. George Hotel is ideally situated for an enjoyable break for individuals, couples and families alike. This spacious Edwardian hotel is an ideal retreat for a weekend break.
As soon as you arrive at the hotel, you will immediately feel a sense of warmth and relaxation. After a stroll around Harrogate or a visit to one of many local attractions, relax and unwind in the extensive lounge area where you can enjoy afternoon tea or a light snack. Alternatively, why not indulge yourself in the hotel?s leisure club with an indoor heated pool, spa, steam room, sauna, gym, weights room and solarium. Beauty treatments are also available to hotel guests at a small charge. As evening approaches, enjoy a drink in the Terrace Bar before a sumptuous meal in the hotel's restaurant, offering an extensive menu and wine list. Limited on site parking is charged at £5 per car per day. Please contact the hotel to reserve a space.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 13 years old
- 25/05/2012 to 29/05/2020 - Limited on site parking is charged at £5 per car per day. Please contact the hotel to reserve a space. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
61% would recommend it to a friend
St George Hotel and Spa
Very dated hotel, looks like it's not been decorated in years, with chipped paintwork and dirty looking carpets.
Our stay was made particularly unpleasant due to large Christmas party going on underneath us with very loud music until 1 am which we were not warned about. I've nothing against loud music or parties in the right place, but on this occasion I was expecting a relaxing weekend break in Harrogate; what I got was very little sleep in a tired looking, pretty dirty hotel. I will not be going to again. I don't think the hotel website is a fair representation of the actual standard of The George. This is a shame because the building is historic and structurally beautiful, in the heart of a beautiful town. Very disappointing indeed.
Sacrificing comfort for location...
Good location in the centre of Harrogate.
Difficult to find if driving there and more difficult to park because hotel doesn't have many spaces. Breakfast buffet was a bit bland but food ordered from the menu was much better. My wife had ham+eggs and said it was lovely. Corridor outside our room was noisey because the floor was very springy and creaky. Shower never delivered hot water, tepid was the best it managed.