- Very Good
- 136 guest reviews
"It was a Pleasant surprise to find a cheap room that is of high quality. I had a good stay and breakfast is good!..."
"Passed this hotel many times and it doesn't look much from the outside but inside it's fine and just as nice as some other more expensive ho..."
"We were put in a room over the front entrance which proved to be extremely noisey not only by some of the other residents smoking,talking an..."
"Happy with everything. Only negative was the window kept banging when closed, the room was like an oven so we had to sleep with it open all..."
"I enjoyed my stay at Alexander Hotel. With a lovely atmospher very friendly staff, clean and good food...."
About the hotel
**Free Wifi in all rooms** The Alexander Thomson Hotel is historic Victorian era building which forms the Architectural landscape of the city. The Hotel has very high ceilings and windows from that era and every effort is put in to retain as much originality as possible. Located in the heart of the City Centre and close to Central Station.
Most of our rooms are large with large Bathrooms also. The Rooms are recently refurbished and have all the necessary amenities required by a business traveler or leisure guest. Complimentary tea/coffee and mineral water, direct dial telephone, Flat Screen TV's with digital Freeview channels, iron & ironing Board & hairdryers etc ensure a very comfortable stay. Traditional Scottish Breakfast is included in the price and there is a Bar which opens till the "wee hours" of the morning for Hotel Guests. There is also a quiet lounge for people to sit and relax which also has free wifi access for residents only. Come and enjoy the beautiful city and our warm and friendly service.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Smoking allowed in bedrooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
- Bar, Breakfast to go
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- By 10:30 hours
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
It was a Pleasant surprise to find a cheap room that is of high quality.
I had a good stay and breakfast is good!
Great value for money
Passed this hotel many times and it doesn't look much from the outside but inside it's fine and just as nice as some other more expensive hotels in Glasgow.
Receptionist on arrival was friendly and got us checked in. Room was spacious and clean - nothing fancy but all we needed for a bed for the night after a gig. My only negative is that the windows weren't very sound proof so you could hear the traffic from Argyle Street fairly clearly early on. Would stay again though for the price we paid.