- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"Comfortable, clean and quiet..."
"Overall very nice place, however, 1st night at 2am a drunken couple in the next room was being ill and both were making lots of noise till n..."
"When I arrived the young man on reception point blank refused to check me in as I didn't know my car registration (surely common sense would..."
"Stayed Friday 09/12/16. Booked for a one night 'city break'. The hotel is a great location within walking distance of the shops/restaurants..."
"Excellent VFM. Only problem was kept waiting for 15 mins at check in whilst receptionist was on the phone...."
About the hotel
Welcome to The Chequers Hotel, Newbury - now an independently owned hotel. The hotel is located in Newbury itself, walking distance from the many shops, bars and restaurants, The Chequers Hotel is a traditional, 18th-century coaching inn, providing excellent hotel accommodation in the heart Newbury’s town centre. Free Wi-Fi and public parking are available.
The 56 well-appointed en-suite bedrooms are all fully equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press, and television, direct dial telephone and modem point. You can also take advantage of our 24-hour room service.
The restaurant has a warm and welcoming atmosphere and serves the finest modern and European cuisine. For those wanting a more relaxed dining environment, our comfortable bar offers a wide selection of hot and cold dishes daily.
There are many local attractions to visit during your stay such as Watermill Theatre, the Corn Exchange, Newbury Race Course, Didcot Railway Centre and the Great Western Designer Outlet Village. The HQ for Vodafone is close by and Bayer and Microfocus HQs are walking distance, as is Newbury Station. A popular venue locally for wedding receptions, christenings and wakes, private lunches and dinners and Christmas parties! The hotel has ample free car parking on site for guests.
In the heart of the Thames Valley and only 5 minutes from junction 13 of the M4, The Chequers provides an ideal venue for a business stay, meeting, conference or training course. The versatility of our six meeting and function rooms means the hotel can cater for between 6 and 160 guests.
Close to: Vodafone and Bayer HQ, Newbury Race Course, Didcot Railway and just an hour from London direct by train.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View)
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
The Chequers Hotel
Comfortable, clean and quiet...
3 night stay
Overall very nice place, however, 1st night at 2am a drunken couple in the next room was being ill and both were making lots of noise till n...