- 9 guest reviews
"Whilst not cheap this was not expensive by London standards. I choose the hotel based on the size of family rooms and wasn't disappointed. L..."
"Great hotel, food & stay. Only disappointment was double room allocated for two adults, when twin was booked...."
"Easy to summarise from a customer perspective. Hotel does fit into the 4 star category, all staff extremely efficient, it shows they have be..."
"Well located for the underground, with many cafe's restaurants and bars nearby. There is also a Waitrose and a Tesco very close to the hotel..."
About the hotel
An imposing Georgian mansion in fashionable South Kensington, the four star Vanderbilt Hotel stays faithful to its past but espouses modern comfort in a classic London cityscape of porticos and leafy squares. Moments from London’s world-class museums, step into the frescoed lobby and take in a characterful ambience of open fireplaces, deep sofas for laid-back lounging and quietly stylish rooms. The 215 rooms have a warm classic English ambiance and feature rich decor and marble-clad bathrooms.
Larger deluxe rooms include upgraded amenities, such as extra work space and seating area. Access to bedroom floors is by room key only. Located in fashionable South Kensington, perfect for the great museums, Chelsea, Knightsbridge and Hyde Park, Scoff & Banter Kensington is set in the beautiful old Vanderbilt family mansion, offering British classics served straight up or with a twist. Enjoy a cocktail in the bar with its wooden, chequered flooring and eclectic mix of furniture, before heading into the light and airy restaurant with its unusual objects d'art and exposed, industrial features. The newly refurbished restaurant merges traditional and modern features.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Massage, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Valet Parking
- Disabled Access Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 23/01/2013 to 31/01/2022 - All guests are required to provide a government issued photo ID at check-in. Payment for accommodation charges is required upon arrival as well as credit card pre-authorisation for incidental charges The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
One night stay
Myself and my family stayed here for one night between Christmas and new year.
Accommodation was clean and room ok. We had a double room with a pull out sofa bed for the children, which was acceptable. The fitted sheet in the bed kept coming off all night but it's a minor complaint. Breakfast was nice but myself and other guests were constantly asking staff to replenish items. This should be monitored and done automatically. Very expensive, but expected at the festive season.
Quality hotel, great location
Whilst not cheap this was not expensive by London standards.
I choose the hotel based on the size of family rooms and wasn't disappointed. L...