- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"All staff were very helpful and friendly..."
"Review of ship and trades..."
"I booked this for my fiancé's birthday as we were in search of some history in the Rochester area. I loved the uniqueness of it and the fact..."
"From the moment that we arrived, to the moment that we left, there was nothing that we could fault about this stay. Fascinating rooms and de..."
"I like staying in unusual places and this converted building was great. The room was very good and had unusual features that fit the harbour..."
About the hotel
Boasting a stunning marina setting, the Ship and Trades is a unique place to eat, drink and stay. The contemporary bar, restaurant and hotel overlooks one of the yacht basins at the former Royal Naval Dockyard, with extensive waterfront seating offering panoramic views of the pleasure boats and across the River Medway to historic Upnor Castle. Visitors can also enjoy the view from inside the Ship and Trades’ wrap-around restaurant with floor to ceiling glazing overlooking the marina.
The 15-bedroom hotel also has a comfortable lounge area and two ‘snugs’ for more intimate gatherings. Its décor is inspired by its nautical heritage, as the structure was originally home to dockyard offices and an engineering shop in the late 19th century. The pub is a short stroll from Dickens World, The Historic Dockyard Chatham and Dockside Outlet Shopping Centre and just a mile from Rochester, with its Norman castle and cathedral.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
All staff were very helpful and friendly
Ship and Trades
Review of ship and trades