- 61 guest reviews
"Room 20, ensuite toilet and shower; a small single room upstairs and down long corridor with more stairs; a comfortable bed, decent sized wa..."
"Room very comfortable, shower was beyond ridiculous due to water pressure of the mains had better in caravan. Clean towels everyday and ligh..."
"Nothing is too much trouble for this family run hotel. My friend and I booked into this lovely little hotel a bit last minute as for sudden..."
"What a great little find, filled with quaint old charm and very homely. Reception was very nice and helpful. Love the winding hallways, and..."
"Very large spacious hotel large room comfy bed very pleasant..."
About the hotel
The Dene Hotel Chester, is an established family run hotel in an attractive setting less than one mile from the City centre. Developed and extended over several decades, the Dene Hotel has become a landmark in the suburbs of this historic city. Our friendly yet professional team prides itself on offering high service standards, while our prices reflect our ethos of giving good value for money.
All 53 rooms have en-suite facilities,and we have the ability to alter their set up to accommodate up to four adults, or a family with children. Located within a mile of both the M53 and A55, the Dene Hotel is ideally situated as both a gateway to North Wales and the rural county of Cheshire. The Dene bar offers a wide variety of bottled beers and ales along with traditional bar meals. Full English breakfasts are very competitively priced and cooked to order to make them an exceptional treat while you stay with us. The Dene Hotel has ample free car parking, allowing you to wander into the city through the village of Hoole with its many artisan boutiques and local amentities. The city centre and the railway station are less than one mile away and the hotel is located on several of Chester's frequent bus services. Chester is one of the best-preserved walled cities in England with medieval galleried streets and an extensive range of quality shops, ideal for summer strolls and Christmas bargains. The historic city of Chester is the perfect location for exploring the North West and Wales, and is home to one of Britain's finest racecourses. Snowdonia National Park is less than an hour's drive away and also within easy reach are the Peak District, the Lake District, the Fylde coast and the cities of Manchester and Liverpool. In the immediate vicinity, one can find thousands on places to visit including; Jodrell Bank, Tatton Park, Chirk and Conway Castles, Snowdon Mountain Railway, Mouldsworth Motor Museum and Erddig Hall.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Translation Service, Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- By 11:00 hours
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
57% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel was dingy and looks nothing like pictures, very noisy, customer service very poor Waited at the bar to get food/drink was told receptionist does both,so went to reception.
receptionist was sorting out a customer so I waited, then anothe man walked in and she completely ignored me and dealt with him. I ended up going to the pub down the round which was much nicer anyway as the hotel bar was like a youth club.
In the morning all I could hear was shouting and s*x going on upstairs. Would never stay here again.
Dene Hotel Chester
Room 20, ensuite toilet and shower; a small single room upstairs and down long corridor with more stairs; a comfortable bed, decent sized wardrobe, desk and chair.
The room light was dim and barely adequate when I tried to use my laptop but the Wi-Fi is FREE although very slow. A very cold night outside, but the heater could be turned up and the room was comfortable.