- Very Good
- 8 guest reviews
"Would only stay here again if the price was lower and there was nowhere else closer to where I needed to be..."
"Lovely stay,super quiet hotel,charming,helpful staff,all added up to make our anniversary stay special Breakfast,freshly cooked was 1st clas..."
"The Pennyfarthing is ideally placed to make the most of Berkhamsted but the entrance off the Waitrose car park through a dark corridor is un..."
"The room was very comfortable and the receptionist was really helpful. Breakfast in the morning was very good...."
"The accommodation was great. Clean and comfy beds. All the nice little extras except tissues. However, breakfast really let it down. I would..."
About the hotel
The Penny Farthing hotel is nestled in the market town of Berkhamsted, providing comfortable rooms and private parking; perfect for a business or leisure stay. We're set back from the main High Street so our rooms guarantee you a quiet night's sleep. Since it’s refurbishment in September 2013 each of the 19 en-suite bedrooms is individually designed with luxury bathrooms, air conditioning, flatscreen digital televisions, tea and coffee making facilities, and a small safe for personal belongings.
Whether visiting the Penny Farthing for business or for pleasure, the high quality finish of the rooms guarantees a warm and comfortable stay. Breakfast is served in our informal breakfast room where a range of hot and cold dishes are available to suit all requirements, from traditional cooked breakfasts prepared by our on-site breakfast chef, to porridge, cereals and continental options. Guests at the Penny Farthing can dine at our sister restaurant, the Kings Arms, just a short walk up the High Street, perfect for business or leisure lunches, dinners, relaxing with coffees, or a few evening drinks.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Smoking allowed in public areas, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 01:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Would only stay here again if the price was lower and there was nowhere else closer to where I needed to be...
Our lovely Anniversary treat at The Penny Farthing
Lovely stay,super quiet hotel,charming,helpful staff,all added up to make our anniversary stay special Breakfast,freshly cooked was 1st clas...