- Very Good
- 8 guest reviews
"Stayed at the hotel, booked very last minute. Was shown a tiny box room, nicely decorated but down a dingy corridor with no wallpaper. Room..."
"Paid £59 and got upgraded (was tuesday night) and room 9 was fantastic. Will definitely stay there again...."
"I was pleasantly surprised to be told that I had been upgraded to a room in the "clock tower", the room was very well proportioned and the f..."
"Could possibly do with a general "tidy up" decoration wise...."
About the hotel
Cantley House Hotel is a spacious 36 bedroom Victorian Country House Hotel set in 50 acres of beautiful Berkshire Parkland. The private gardens and parkland surrounding the Hotel guarantee a quiet peaceful setting for a stay or an event, yet Cantley is only a short drive from the busy commercial centres of Reading and Bracknell with excellent transport links. Formerly the home of the Marquis of Ormonde, the mansion was built in 1880 and originally converted with great care into a Hotel in 1983.
The building has been carefully restored over the years maintaining its many beautiful architectural features. Each room is individually designed and decorated by our own team and the furniture is thoughtfully chosen from local antique dealers and auctions. All rooms offer modern facilities such as free Wifi, flat screen TV's and tea & coffee making facilities.
Miltons Restaurant is located in its own private courtyard within the beautiful grounds of Cantley House Hotel. We specialise in serving modern European cuisine in a relaxed, informal yet modern setting. The restaurant makes the perfect accompaniment to a stay at Cantley House or a delightful venue for an evening meal or lunch time get together.
Cantley House is immediately accessible from the M4 motorway and Wokingham Rail Station is a 10 minute drive away. Free onsite parking is available for guests.
***Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Dogs are permitted to a maximum of 7. 5 kg and at a surcharge, payable to the hotel direct. A maximum of 1 per room is allowed. Hotel has designated pet friendly rooms. Please inform the hotel in advance by using the Special Requests box when booking or by using the contact details found on the booking confirmation.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Croquet, Tennis Courts, Video/DVD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 10 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Overall we were terribly disappointed with the quality of our stay and on the basis of our experience will not stay again nor recommend it to any of our friends.
There were a couple of redeeming factors. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. So also were the restaurant staff and in fact the highlight of our stay was both the quality and the service at our breakfast.
On the negative side there were many points of criticism mainly related to the poor quality of the small room we were allocated (no. 27). The issues we encountered included:
The controls on the radiator in the room did not work. As a consequence the room was boiling hot all night and we had a very poor night's sleep. The plumbing on the toilet did not work properly (handle stuck and it took ages to refill)
The sealant around the bath was mouldy in places. The sealant around the bath behind the taps looked like it had been applied by a child (with no diy skill at all)
The bathroom door would not close on the catch. There were lights above the bed but we could not see how to switch them on. The state of decoration in the bathroom was well past its refurbishment date - e.g paint blistering on the skirting boards
Upon arrival in our room the the remote control did not work properly. This was replaced by the maintenance staff.
As you can see we think the accommodation offered to us was poor and it was well below the standard we expected.
Great value but had to make a complaint first
Stayed at the hotel, booked very last minute.
Was shown a tiny box room, nicely decorated but down a dingy corridor with no wallpaper. Room...