- Very Good
- 1 guest reviews
"I booked my room very last minute and got an excellent rate. The hotel is very quaint but cosy and the bar food was lovely. Excellent breakf..."
About the hotel
Set in the charming village of Pangbourne beside the River Thames, just minutes from the M4 and the vibrant city of Reading with good access to Newbury and Oxford, this luxury hotel offers free Wi-Fi, car parking and an AA Rosette winning restaurant. This offers a return to the opulence of the empire, where guests come to escape, do business, relax with friends or unwind in style. Beautiful handcrafted Indian furniture, rich oriental rugs and delicate fabrics all come together to create bedrooms which are individual in style but identical in attention to detail.
Each and every one has all modern conveniences guests have come to expect. Wi-Fi, flat screen TV with over 50 channels, DVD player with a selection of movies available and not to mention the speciality tea and coffee or the bespoke soaps and bubble bath. There are two dining areas, BaBar which has a bistro feel serving excellent local produce in a simple and classic manner. While the restaurant, Christophs offers an elegant fine dining alternative. You can even choose to dine alfresco in the enclosed garden weather permitting! The ethos continues behind the bar where you will find well conditioned ales from local breweries alongside more traditional tipples. The business facilities are elegant yet practical, travelling away on business shouldn't mean giving up on home comforts. There are three meeting rooms which can accommodate between ten and sixty delegates. The hotel has wireless network throughout, integrated audio technology as well as lots of natural daylight. Reaching the hotel is simple being within easy access to the M25, M40 and Heathrow. The surrounding area has plenty to offer, Pangbourne itself rests on the banks of the River Thames, and the meadow is a great walk next to the River with stunning views of the wooded Chiltern Hills. If in need of some serious retail therapy then Reading is the perfect place and with the train station within walking distance there's no need to worry about city centre driving. Thames Valley is awash with places to see and activities and London is only 40 minutes by train. No trip to Berkshire would be complete without a trip to the races, with Ascot, Newbury and Windsor all within close proximity this is the ideal location.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 21:00
- Up to 11 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A good experience at The Elephant Hotel
I booked my room very last minute and got an excellent rate.
The hotel is very quaint but cosy and the bar food was lovely. Excellent breakf...