- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"What a marvellous setting and a great hotel. The only thing that let the place down were the carpets which looked like they had seen better..."
"A smooth check in, very relaxing, beautiful gardens, very friendly staff, adhered to our every need...."
"The food could have been better but we got room.service quite late so it's understandable..."
"Needed hotel in/near Birmingham to attend a course. City centre hotels more expensive and lacked facilities compared to New Hall; other revi..."
"Had an amazing two night stay in this beautiful hotel with my best friend. EXCELLENT customer service especially from Des on reception...."
About the hotel
At 800 years old, New Hall Hotel & Spa Sutton Coldfield Birmingham has a long history of providing discerning guests fine hospitality. Today this tradition continues with Hand Picked Hotel’s unique blend of modern and luxury British hospitality. Set within 26 acres of mature, elegant grounds this luxury hotel in Sutton Coldfield Birmingham is widely reputed to be the oldest inhabited, moated manor house in England.
The 4 AA Silver Star New Hall Hotel & Spa offers 60 lovingly restored bedrooms, complete with all the features one would expect of a hotel of its calibre. All rooms have Hypnos Lansdowne cashmere mattresses, snug duvets and pillows as well as a host of other facilities designed with your comfort and relaxation in mind – Flat screen TVs with Freeview and Sky Sports, DVD players and access to a DVD library, complimentary WiFi and broadband socket, fridges complete with fresh milk and complimentary bottled water, and hospitality trays with tea, coffee and biscuits.
Sympathetic renovation has provided luxury up-to-the-minute facilities whilst retaining most of its medieval charm and character. Public areas with their fine panelling and mullioned stained-glass windows create a unique historical ambience. Guests have access to the spa here at New Hall Hotel, where they can enjoy all the modern pampering and comfort on offer in this historical setting. There is also a Health Club on site, so your gym routine needn’t suffer for the sake of your getaway!
The Bridge Restaurant at the New Hall Hotel & Spa offers guests fine dining, having won 2 AA Rosettes for its contemporary British dishes where the flavour of the ingredients takes centre stage. Using the freshest regional ingredients, the chefs construct quality British cuisine with creative passion and flair, sure to leave guests satisfied.
Guests can also choose to spend some time in the Terrace Lounge and Bar, with their high ceilings, original period features and far reaching views of the estate, they are the perfect place to sit back, enjoy a drink – or morning coffee, or lunch or afternoon tea!
Located on the outskirts of Birmingham, The New Hall Hotel & Spa is only 10 minutes away from the M6 and M42 with ample free parking on site. The closest train stations are Wylde Green and Sutton Coldfield, only 10 minutes drive away from the hotel, however Birmingham New Street is also only 8 miles/40 minutes drive away too.
And if you do feel like leaving the haven of the hotel, there is plenty to do nearby; getting to Cadbury World will take you an hour by car, Twycross Zoo is only half an hour away and the Black Country Living Museum is only 45 minutes away! Or if you don’t want to go too far, guests can enjoy walks in the 26 acres of richly timbered land that surround the hotel instead.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Golf 9 Hole, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Mountain Bike Hire, Croquet, Tennis Courts, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely Grounds, Inside a Little Tired
What a marvellous setting and a great hotel.
The only thing that let the place down were the carpets which looked like they had seen better...
Room,staff all excellent a very tranqual place to stay, close to varied places of interest for many.
A smooth check in, very relaxing, beautiful gardens, very friendly staff, adhered to our every need....