- Very Good
- 22 guest reviews
"Fantastic place with so much history and very friendly helpful people in the village. The hotel staff were excellent and the food to match...."
"We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel, with a superbly furnished big room. The service and friendliness of the staff where fantastic, equally..."
"A good old-fashioned hotel with masses of charm. The food was excellent (select your own chops for cooking from the food counter) and the st..."
"The accommodation was beautiful..."
"From the time i step inside the staff were all very helpfull .the rooms i stayed in were very clean and well served both room i stayed in we..."
About the hotel
The Priory is nestled within the historic town of Caerleon on the River Usk. Founded by Hywel ap Iorwerth, a Welsh prince and dating back to 1180, the Priory started life as a Cistercian Monastery. As Caerleon grew, the monks wanted to move to a quieter place and founded Llantarnam Abbey.
The Priory remained their town house. There is a passage underneath the Priory to the Bull Inn that is rumoured to be the passage the monks used when they met their lovers. The Bull Inn, at that time, used to be the monks’ kitchen. When the monks moved on, the Priory later became a Nunnery, private residence and since 1996, this beautiful building and its secluded grounds have been home to the Priory Hotel and Restaurant. We want your stay with us to be relaxing, enjoyable and focused on fantastic food. The Priory is the perfect setting to unwind, enjoy the best of locally sourced cuisine, and have a truly memorable stay in the historic town of Caerleon.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 16 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Great historic place to stay
Fantastic place with so much history and very friendly helpful people in the village.
The hotel staff were excellent and the food to match. Would highly recommend A+++
The Priory Hotel
We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel, with a superbly furnished big room.
The service and friendliness of the staff where fantastic, equally the kitchen was to a very high standard. In fact I cannot fault anything, the entire few days there where a joy. Highly recommended.