- 24 guest reviews
"Beautiful grounds and hotel itself. Customer service wonderful. Rooms were clean and well equiped. Shame about the breakfast. All of the foo..."
"As a retired couple, we were left very disappointed that the reception staff seemed prepared to watch me struggle trying to juggle our lugga..."
"We all enjoyed our 2 night stay very much. The hotel was very interesting with all the corridors and rooms with being old quirky. The restau..."
"Excellent, fantastic location to visit historical areas...."
"Very nice historical hotel. Room we were given was a long way from civilization. Nice room but very small for a posh hotel...."
About the hotel
The Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel and Spa, with its beautiful gardens, is just a short walk from the centre of Stratford and the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. Many public areas of the hotel are located in the Manor House, parts of which date back to the 16th century. The attraction of the Alveston Manor hotel is enhanced by its extensive Tudor panelling, leaded lights and Elizabethan staircase.
It also boasts a vaulted cellar, which leads to a mysterious underground passage once used by monks from Worcester. Bedrooms are located in a modern wing, which adjoins the Manor House and offer all the modern comforts such as Air Cooling, flat screen televisions with freeview channels Should you wish to upgrade your accommodation, there is also a selection of feature rooms and suites in the old part of the Hotel many of which offer old beamed ceilings and Half Tester or Four Poster Beds. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. The AA Rosette award-winning Manor Restaurant pays homage to dishes with a modern French influence, and is the perfect way to end a day of sightseeing or business. Many theatre loving guests like to enjoy a starter and main course before departing for the theatre, later returning to the hotel for a dessert. Enjoy our superb leisure facilities at Vital Health & Wellbeing. In addition to an 18 metre swimming pool, there is also a well equipped Techno Gym, Sauna and Steam Room. Should you prefer to pamper yourself there is also a range of treatments available at Vital Beauty (charges for treatments are applicable)
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Mountain Bike Hire
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
54% would recommend it to a friend
Beautiful grounds and hotel itself.
Customer service wonderful. Rooms were clean and well equiped. Shame about the breakfast. All of the food which meant to be hot was rather cold.
Breathtaking facilities !
As a retired couple, we were left very disappointed that the reception staff seemed prepared to watch me struggle trying to juggle our luggage and my walking-stick, through corridors of 'speed-bump' stairways and then a final assault on two flights of stairs to get to our room.
The fact that a modern hotel has no lift facility is literally breathtaking. . . But the room was nice when we finally got there !