- 30 guest reviews
"The room was a bit small...."
"Fantastic room, it was a deluxe and worth the extra money, really spacious, stylish and different. We loved the cosy alcove with the bed in..."
"Great welcome at reception, lovely friendly staff and clean room, usually all you would ask for the price we paid but the only other importa..."
"Such friendly and helpful staff. Central hotel for a relatively cheap price. Would recommend it for business travel...."
"We stayed at the Grey Street Hotel for two nights. We had an amazing stay and found the hotel to be excellent! Very clean and the staff are..."
About the hotel
Right in the heart of Newcastle city centre, this boutique hotel is understated chic and minimalist, situated in a grade 2 listed building and oozing period charm fused with a contemporary style. Standard Double and Twin, and Deluxe Double and Twin rooms available. Included as standard in all rooms are complimentary Wi-Fi, triple glazed windows, hypnos beds, crisp white cotton bed linen, thick fluffy towels, drench showers, soothing toiletries, laptop safe, plasma or LCD TV, DVD player with library, CD player, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers, iron and board and trouser press.
Extra beds are available in superior rooms at an extra charge. We accept pets, an additional charge will be incurred. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Conference/function rooms are available on site. Grey Street Hotel is proud to work in association with Living Room bar and restaurant, located inside the hotel. We also operate our own private residents bar. We recommend guests park in the council run Dean Street car park, 1 min walk from the hotel. Theatre Royal 2 min walk, Eldon Square Shopping Centre 2 min walk, Metro Radio Arena 10 min walk, Centre for Life 5 min walk, Central Railway Station 5 minute walk, Monument Metro 2 minute walk, Newcastle Quayside / Millennium Bridge / The Sage Gateshead / Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art 5 minute walk. 7 miles from Newcastle International Airport.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Games Console, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Grey Street Hotel
The room was a bit small.
Excellent Customer Service but Room Dissapointing
On a positive note we booked the hotel incorrectly the day before we were due to arrive and the manager agreed to waive the additional room charge.
The staff in the hotel were lovely and helpful. The breakfast at the Living Room was good with cheery staff who were helful and recommended some places to visit. The vicinity of the hotel to the station and local bars and restaurants was excellent right on the door step. We do like to stay in boutique hotels rather than the chain hotels and when this room was new it would have been lovely. It was spacious and modern furnished. However all the furniture was very tired and worn. There is clearly a problem with water getting in as there are huge water marks running down the walls near the bathroom and the carpet was wet. The TV was old with 5 channels to view with poor reception and an old DVD player with DVDs at reception to view if required.
The bath and floor tiles where chipped and had ground in mould around the bath. There was quite a loud noise outside of the room window which sounded like the external air conditioning unit which kept coming on and off during the night which hampered our sleep.
We were disappointed with the overall quality of the room and would recommend to the owners/manager to overhaul the rooms so that future guests are not disappointed. If the rooms are not going to be redone please look at this review carefully before committing to book this hotel and to avoid disappointment.