- Very Good
- 14 guest reviews
"Perfect! Receptionist was very welcoming and knowledgeable about the area-directions, etc. The room was lovely, clean and had all I needed f..."
"Great value for the money Staff very helpful and informative Good base to explore Gloucester A nice change from boring corporate premises...."
"Stay was pleasant once we got to the room, clean bathroom, lovely made bed. only surprising down side was that our welcome wasn't particular..."
"would recommend to everyone lovely place easy walk to town will go back and stay again well done..."
"Friendly helpful staff. Provided map and advice re eating out, location of cathedral etc. Upgraded room at no extra cost. Lovely English bre..."
About the hotel
The Edward Hotel is a Grade II listed Victorian terraced hotel centrally located in beautiful historic Gloucester. Part of the hotel was built in 1796 and the rest in 1832, when Gloucester was a thriving inland port. Strengths of Edward Hotel are location, parking, location, private ownership, location and the balance struck between quality and value for money.
Emphasis is upon accommodation rather than fine dining, and upon peace and quiet rather than late bars and parties. All bedrooms at The Edward Hotel are non smoking and ensuite. All have wi fi access, tea and coffee making and digital channels on flat screen TVs. At reception there is a computer workstation with printer, webcam and skype free for guest use. In the lounge there is a 42" TV with DVD player, an open fireplace with log burning fire, complimented by a leather suite. The bar has an informal sociable atmosphere and is generally open till approx' 11. 30pm. Guests can sit, even breakfast, in the pretty, well established garden. Parking in Gloucester is difficult so our large car park is a real bonus. Guests may use it on morning of arrival and all day on day of departure. There is a locking area and garage for bicycles. A short stroll passing some classic architecture leads to Gloucester city centre. From here the Cathedral, Guildhall, GL1, Gloucester Rugby Club, the Docks, Quays and museums are readily walkable. The Edward Hotel backs onto Gloucester Royal Hospital. To the north approx' 300m is Hillfield gardens another 300m walk leads to Gloucester University Oxstalls campus. Officially check in at The Edward Hotel is from 14:30 but morning arrival is possible, just inform us, if the room is ready it is a bonus if not we will give you a check-in time. Check Out is 10:30 weekdays 11. 00 weekends. We are a non smoking hotel. Regrettably we cannot accept pets with exception to guide dogs. We can always cater for vegetarian, gluten and dairy free breakfasts, please let us know if you have any other requirements. Our reputation is in your hands.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
- Bar, Breakfast to go
- Video/DVD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The Edward Hotel
Receptionist was very welcoming and knowledgeable about the area-directions, etc. The room was lovely, clean and had all I needed for my stay. Breakfast was great-I have a some dietary restrictions, they were catered for without any fuss. I enjoyed my stay at The Edward and would revisit again.
Great value for the money
Staff very helpful and informative
Good base to explore Gloucester
A nice change from boring corporate premises.