- 15 guest reviews
"Hotel being in a exposed position would benefit from from some form of secondary glazing although local planning regs may prevent this..."
"We booked a standard room at a Special Price offer but have to say that we wouldn't have liked to pay any more for it. It was clean, warm an..."
"My girlfriend and I arrived and the whole of the countryside was covered in snow including the hotel, this made it quite magical. I know tha..."
"Reasonable value for money, but you do have to pay £5 for parking. I'm not sure it mentioned this when I booked my stay online...."
"A fair hotel. A bit tired in places. The rooms could do with redecorating and the furnishings replaced. The bathrooms are utility, though cl..."
About the hotel
Perfectly situated on a hilltop overlooking the quaint village of Windermere and the beautiful surrounding areas, The Windermere Hotel boasts stunningly decorated public areas, including a comfortable lounge and adjacent bar, as well as a spacious and elegant dining room and comfortable bedrooms with everything you would expect in a modern establishment. Our location set high above the town of Windermere gives us beautiful views over the lake, guests can stroll into the town and, for the more energetic, the lake itself is just a 20 minute walk. Originally called the Riggs Windermere Hotel, named after Thomas Rigg who built it in 1847, the hotel opened at the same time as the railway from Oxenholme to Windermere.
The hotel name has changed but the hotel and railway station remain and greet most visitors on their way to Windermere. A recent refurbishment of the bar and restaurant has left us a really warm modern look that returning guests love, but the hotel still retains a lovely old feel, true to its railway heritage.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- Between 15:00 and 22:00
- By 10:00 hours
- Up to 12 years old
- 25/05/2012 to 06/01/2023 - Please be aware that on-site parking at the Windermere Hotel will be charged at a rate of £5 per vehicle, per day. Parking will be subject to availability upon arrival and cannot be prebooked. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
Romantic weekend away
Nice but not as relaxing as other hotels we have visited...
Had fun though but improvements could be made. Loved Windemere, hotel is in a good location to have a nice walk around the town down to the lake etc:) overall good break
Hotel being in a exposed position would benefit from from some form of secondary glazing although local planning regs may prevent this