- Very Good
- 75 guest reviews
"Great location in the centre of Newport town. Parking nearby was £4.20 overnight which was good value. Wetherspoons attached so easy food if..."
"The was comfortable and clean, plenty of tea and coffee left in your room plus bottled water. The staff were very helpful and friendly...."
"Stayed here3 times now good value for money..."
"Not a 5* Hotel - nor does it claim to be. However, it was absolutely fine, even good when you consider the price. The breakfasts are worth..."
"The room was very basic and rather dated, but acceptable standard for the money paid. Unfortunately, I stayed on a Friday night and could he..."
About the hotel
The Queen's Hotel is a grade II listed building which was built in 1863, soon after Bridge Street was laid out. We are ideally placed within the city centre being only 2 minutes’ walk from the main train station and plenty of car parking available in the area. We have 29 individual bedrooms and all have en suite shower facilities.
All of our rooms include tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, digital televisions and offer free wi-fi. Off site parking is available only 40 metres away. This hotel adjoins a Lloyds No. 1 bar which plays music in the evening. In certain rooms, music may be heard during the evening bar hours. We are ideally located only 5 minutes off Junction 25A of the M4 and 2 minutes’ walk from Newport train station. There are train connections to Cardiff, Swansea, Birmingham New Street, Manchester Piccadilly and London Paddington. Cardiff is only 20 minutes away by car and 15 minutes by train which is ideal for anyone planning a trip to the Millennium Stadium or concerts at the C. I. A. We are also less than a 10 minute walk from Rodney Parade, the home ground of The Newport Gwent Dragons and Newport RFC.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 00:00
- Up to 17 years old
- 12/05/2016 to 29/10/2025 - A 50% non-refundable deposit will be taken for any bookings with 5 or more rooms. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Great location in the centre of Newport town.
Parking nearby was £4.20 overnight which was good value. Wetherspoons attached so easy food if you want it and a cheap breakfast.
The Queens Hotel, Newport- a JD Wetherspoon Hotel
The was comfortable and clean, plenty of tea and coffee left in your room plus bottled water.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.