- 10 guest reviews
"Stayed at the Cliffden for two nights with a group of friends. No complaints from any of us. Rooms spacious, breakfasts superb, staff friend..."
"Best dog friendly hotel we have ever been to. Great grounds to walk them in...."
"Staff brilliant hotel geared for partially sighted people really hotel dated dogs pooing outside our hotel door shower mat disgusting garden..."
"wonderful hotel with large rooms and high ceilings. What i call a proper hotel with original feature..."
"When you arrive the staff cannot do enough asking all the right questions , giving good knowledge of hotel amenities, and the surrounding ar..."
About the hotel
The Cliffden Hotel is a quality AA 3 star hotel a mere 200 yards from one of the best sandy beaches in South Devon, also known as ‘the English Riviera’. The hotel prides itself on its accessibility features that are particularly suited to the needs of visually impaired people. We welcome assistance dogs and good natured pet dogs and the hotel is the perfect point from which to start your Devon adventure with your dog*.
Some rooms have been adapted to suit the needs of wheelchair users. The hotel has a 15 metre heated indoor swimming pool and we operate a varied timetable for public, residents and private use (please call us if you would like further details). Residents use is free of charge. The hotel boasts a magnificent seven acres of landscaped scented gardens and has 47 spacious bedrooms, many with views of the gardens and surrounding coastline. Meals served in our Four Seasons restaurant are all freshly prepared with an emphasis on local ingredients and relaxed dining. Our bar has a wide selection of beverages including local ales and serving traditional Devon cream teas. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas. Teignmouth, also known as the Gem of South Devon, is famous for its red sandy beach, mild climate and friendly hospitality. From the hotel you can take part in a wide range of activities and trips, whatever your age and interests. From beaches to moors, sunbathing and sandcastles to pony trekking and walking, this region of South Devon provides you with everything you could want from an English Seaside holiday. Free summer entertainment, with the added attraction of the grand Victorian Pier, long promenade, a state-of-the-art children's play area and adventure golf course means that a day on Teignmouth beach is a real family treat. Lifeguards are at Teignmouth Town Beach from July to September. Paignton Zoo, Dartmoor, the historic City of Exeter and the Eden Project are all within easy reach and in the summer months you can join in with the local Carnivals of Teignmouth and Dawlish.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Indoor Pool, CD Player, CD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 13 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
70% would recommend it to a friend
Cliffden Hotel Teignmouth
Stayed at the Cliffden for two nights with a group of friends.
No complaints from any of us. Rooms spacious, breakfasts superb, staff friend...
Paid extra for sea view overlooked car park and sea in the far distance
It was for blind impaired and our friend was kept awake all the night with dog walkers.
Her room was disgusting; blood on duvet. We had blood on sheet. Windows had to be unjammed. Ran out of toilet roll.
The hotel generally wants redecoring. There was dead bugs in dining room. Hotel needs decorating badly.