"There were only 2 staff on the reception desk. We queued for 30 mins just to check in. The lady behind the desk was polite but very rushed...."
"Cheap and cheerful hotel, big big issue is parking had to park 20minute walk away from hotel and this was in the winter so would hate to try..."
"I waited for the room to be cleaned one particular day. It took exactly 4 minutes. Not good. I never see a hoover with the cleaners...."
"Clean and tidy but hotel needing a lot of money spent on it to bring it back to the grandeur it once had. Great location I must say and I ha..."
"Having read the reviews we had braced ourselves for disappointment. However, our deluxe sea view room delivered what it promised. There was..."
About the hotel
This Seaside landmark was built in 1863 and still stands proud overlooking the picturesque South bay and Harbour. The beautifully designed hotel is rumoured to have a theme of time within the design of this stately building. It has 4 Towers, 12 Floors, 52 chimneys and 413 rooms.
The hotels boasts two Restaurants, The Harbour Lights, the main restaurant with stunning views of the Harbour and the Premier restaurant for those wanting a more intimate atmosphere with Carvery and a wide selection of dishes and a Café Java serving snacks and beverages. There are also two bars in the hotel, the Empress and the Cabaret bar offer a relaxed chilled atmosphere. The Cabaret Ballroom is home to our LIVE Entertainment, with shows that will keep you entertained for the evening. Conference rooms are also available for any occasion for up to 200 people catering for all your needs. This is the perfect seaside hotel with the views, good food and great entertainment! WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Smoking allowed in bedrooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2022 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
41% would recommend it to a friend
The Grand Hotel Scarborough – A Grand Entertainment Hotel
There were only 2 staff on the reception desk.
We queued for 30 mins just to check in. The lady behind the desk was polite but very rushed....
Ok for the cost of it
Cheap and cheerful hotel, big big issue is parking had to park 20minute walk away from hotel and this was in the winter so would hate to try...