- 5 guest reviews
"Hotel a bit tired but good value for money. Staff friendly with a nice atmosphere. Food excellent...."
"A grand old Victorian house converted in to a confusing hotel. Whoever the architect was needs to find another career. He has created a rabb..."
"This is a lovely building that needs serious attention, 2 floorboards in our room didn't seem to be there under the grubby carpet I kept sin..."
About the hotel
There's no such thing as being too close for comfort, as BEST WESTERN George Hotel in Norwich proves! This charming Victorian town house is superbly situated (just off the main A11) and gives guests easy access to Cambridge, London and the Norfolk Broads National Park. You'll be just a 15 minute walk away to the centre of this historical city (and therefore a mere scenic view away from its Cathedrals and castle!), and East Anglia's many beauty spots lie on your doorstep. With hundreds of new shops, Norwich is now ranked as the number three shopping destination in the UK, so who's up for a bargain hunt! Whatever you do by night, you'll be able to dine in style by night at the award-winning Arlington Grill and Brasserie located back at the hotel.
Free Wi-Fi is available here too!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
20% would recommend it to a friend
Overpriced inferior accommodation
Room booked was a twin as requested but was very small and had a strange layout.
Looked as if it had been a single room and then converted to a double by squeezing another bed into an alcove where there was a wall at one end leaving little room at the end of the bed so a comfortable sleep was not possible. Room looked very tired and in need of modernisation. Strange water pipe noises during the night. How GW hotels could charge us £80 for one night for this miserable room amazes me. I am pursuing a compensation claim with the company. Despite all of this, staff were helpful and courteous throughout. If you have to stay here avoid room 19 !
Hotel a bit tired but good value for money.
Staff friendly with a nice atmosphere. Food excellent.