- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"Personal interest from hostess, and friendly service. A good centre for exploring the area...."
"Room adéquate but by no means luxurious. Disappointing for the price. Not above average. Had to ask for towels for use with the bath. plus r..."
"The hotel no longer includes a continental breakfast in the price,, and we were not told this before we went, so it worked out quite expensi..."
"excellent food, friendly staff,lovely old building..."
About the hotel
Formerly a Victorian school, this wonderful hotel, grade II-listed, is the perfect place to stay. Close to Swindon, minutes from the M4 (J16), yet set in the Wiltshire countryside, on the borders of the Cotswolds. Business travellers will welcome all the usual business facilities including free WiFi Internet access and meeting rooms.
Car hire, station and airport transfers can be arranged. Leisure travellers will enjoy the local gardens and places of interest such as Oxford, Marlborough, Cheltenham, Lacock, Stonehenge, the Cotswolds, Bath and Avebury, all of which are within easy driving distance. The Great Western Designer Outlet is 4 miles away, an ideal shopping location. The Ridgeway is very close, ideal for walking. Avebury Manor, as depicted in "To The Manor Reborn" is only 12miles away. All visitors will appreciate our location and look forward to returning at the end of the day for a drink in the bar, a light meal or a candlelit dinner in the Brasserie. Log fires will be burning in Winter, the outside terrace will be serving cool drinks and delicious food in the Summer. For each room there is one private car parking space per night @ 2. GBP. Additional cars and commercial vehicles are charged 15 GBP per night. Vehicles in excess of 3. 5 tonnes cannot be accommodated. Credit/debit cards are verified at the time of reservation, charged 4 or more days prior to and must be presented on arrival. "Prepaid" rates, meal inclusive rates and booked meals are non refundable and charged at the time of reservation. No virtual cards are accepted by the hotel
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Translation Service, Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- 17:00 22:00
- Up to 13 years old
- 12/10/2016 to 12/10/2019 - Credit/debit cards are charged 4 or more days prior to arrival and must be presented on arrival. Nightly parking; £2 for 1 private car , 2nd car and commercial vehicles (Max) 3.5 ton £15.00 The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
40% would recommend it to a friend
Personal interest from hostess, and friendly service.
A good centre for exploring the area....
Room not bad. Room smelt
Room adéquate but by no means luxurious.
Disappointing for the price. Not above average. Had to ask for towels for use with the bath. plus r...