- 1 guest reviews
"We were working in Edinburgh and discovered this superb hotel. I booked a "petit double" before realising I would be accompanied by the boss..."
About the hotel
Surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style.
Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whisky blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. Note: Kindly note that the hotel has two buildings (No. 6 and No. 10) and the Reception Team who will assist you in checking in is located in building No. 6. Please be informed that there is no lift in the hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 15/11/2012 to 31/12/2021 - Kindly note that the hotel has 2 buildings (No.6 & No.10) and the Reception Team who will assist you in checking in is located in No. 6. Please be informed that there is no lift in the hotel. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Wow - a fantastic experience
We were working in Edinburgh and discovered this superb hotel.
I booked a "petit double" before realising I would be accompanied by the boss...