- Very Good
- 4 guest reviews
"We had a lovely time, the staff are so friendly and attentive. The room was big and spacious. Would go back again!..."
"Amazing beautiful place..."
"Breakfast was very poor. Rest of stay very good..."
About the hotel
Melville Castle, once home to the influential Dundas family, is set within a 50 acre estate of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the river North Esk. Located just 20 minutes drive from Edinburgh’s city center this luxurious castle offers the tranquility of a country setting on the doorstep of this thriving city. The 32 classically styled bedrooms offer all the luxury & comfort you deserve and our friendly team will take pleasure in catering to all your requirements during your stay.
The Castle provides Bed and Breakfast accommodation and there are a number of award winning and highly recommended restaurants within 5 minutes drive. At one time the hunting seat of Mary Queen of Scots, the Castle was commissioned by the first Viscount Melville in 1791 for entertaining, which it continues to do to this day. We have ample free parking and a frequent 24 hour bus service to Edinburgh from the bus stop at the Castle Gates. Complimentary city maps and bus timetable are available at reception. Whether lounging with a drink next to a crackling fire in our library bar, or relaxing over a game of croquet on the lawn, we are sure you will enjoy your stay with us!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Golf 9 Hole, Golf 18 Hole, Croquet, Fishing, Quad Biking
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 16 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
We had a lovely time, the staff are so friendly and attentive.
The room was big and spacious. Would go back again!...
Bad night experience
Got my room and it was freezing, asked for a heater but they said its on a timer.
So the heaters came on for few hours but went off for the whole night. A cold sleep. At 1:30AM the fire alarm went off that scared the hell out of everyone as u have a siren on top of ur bed. Next morning when i asked why. They said it was a technical fault, like it was normal. Had a soup of the day, but it was extremely sweet, it was suppose to have some honey in it, but it was basically 100% honey and syrup. Could not even try it as the smell was too sweet.. WIFI doesnot work in the rooms - You will not have mobile signal anywhere in the hotel. Waste of one night.