- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"Bearing in mind the price we paid the hotel was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel contacted us pri..."
"We stayed in the Sherwood Suite - a huge room with connected bathroom with lovely freestanding jacuzzi type bath. The hotel is in a stunning..."
"The hotel is a really good find. The rooms were excellent and great value. The view from the car park when we got there was amazing in the e..."
"Having decided to take ad-hoc romantic breaks in Derbyshire we booked into this hotel and were impressed by the friendliness of all staff, a..."
"Very friendly staff and nice location but their was not much variety for non meat eaters...."
About the hotel
This 15th century farm house is located only 4 miles from junction 28 of the M1, offering free Wi-Fi, a AA Rosette winning restaurant and spectacular views of the Amber Valley. Situated in the heart of the beautiful Derbyshire countryside and overlooking the picturesque landscape of the valleys beyond. The original farmhouse has been expertly restored and tastefully refurbished to retain its original oak beams and exceptional character.
The hotel reception houses a breathtaking 96 foot deep well which was discovered during renovation work and carefully brought back to its original condition. The hotel boasts 31 individually designed en-suite bedrooms; you will be spoilt for choice from the luscious mini suites, four poster waterbeds, spa baths and internationally themed rooms. Each room is fully equipped with all modern facilities guests would expect, many enjoying views of the courtyard with its gentle flowing fountain and floral design. Guests who wish to dine in the privacy of their own room can relax with breakfast in bed, enjoy dinner from our a la carte menu or indulge in a midnight snack with 24 hour room service available. There are two dining options available, guests can dine in the candlelit surroundings of the popular Restaurant which offers an excellent grill & seafood menu. The head chef selects only the finest local ingredients to produce menus that excite the imagination and tantalize the taste buds. The freshest selection of seafood is always available thanks to the most up-to-date Seafood Holding Station and you will be spoilt for choice from the extensive wine list featuring an excellent selection of wines, specially imported from around the globe. Alternatively open Sunday – Friday 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM The Sports Bar offers tasty bar meals at affordable prices and is perfect for a lighter bite in a more informal setting. This is the perfect venue to host your wedding, with the Managing Director personally co-ordinating each one ensuring it is tailor made to specific requirements. Also ideal for holding corporate event, with built in audio and visual equipment, fully air-conditioned and opens out onto the courtyard the hotel understand the importance of good preparation and their years of experience will ensure that any event or occasion will be one to remember. On the edge of the Peak District you are surrounded by many places of interest and local attractions including; Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Matlock Bath, Bakewell, Hardwick Hall, Crich Tramway Museum, Gullivers Kingdom and Alton. The village of higham and surrounding areas are a maze of idyllic country walks. Footpaths guide you to the nearby Ogston reservoir; which comes alive during the summer months. There are also a wide range of activities available in the surrounding area including Horse-riding, golf and fishing. Please note, the hotel is a popular venue for weddings and functions. Guests should be aware that party noise downstairs may affect nearby guestrooms.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Santos Higham Farm Hotel
Bearing in mind the price we paid the hotel was very comfortable.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel contacted us pri...
Lovely spot with a great team
We stayed in the Sherwood Suite - a huge room with connected bathroom with lovely freestanding jacuzzi type bath.
The hotel is in a stunning...