- 11 guest reviews
"Overall the hotel looks a bit 'tired' and is in need of some redecoration. This is more than offset by the helpfulness of the staff, the cen..."
"Although it did seem a popular hotel with coach trips I thought it was very old and dated and could do with refurbishment. For the price I..."
"Although this hotel is a bit dog-eared in places, it is still a very nice hotel (it could do with a bit of refurbishing). I have still rated..."
"Brilliant customer service. Rooms could be better, they need updated. Apart from that, they were clean...."
"Very tired building in desperate need of renovation. First impressions are awful, so delapidated from the outside. The inside isn't much bet..."
About the hotel
A beautiful listed building, the non smoking County Hotel still retains its Georgian Grandeur as well as providing spacious accommodation, free wireless internet access in all bedrooms and public areas and conference facilities. Situated in the heart of Carlisle, this 3 star hotel overlooks the splendid twin towers of King Henry VIII's historic Citadel and is opposite the railway station. With 2 miles from junction 43 on M6 the hotel is an ideal base for exploring north Cumbria and the Lake District.
Open daily for breakfast and dinner the Gallerie restaurant offers a choice of a la Carte or table d'hote menus, complemented by a good selection of wines and liqueurs.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
27% would recommend it to a friend
County Hotel, Carlisle
Overall the hotel looks a bit 'tired' and is in need of some redecoration.
This is more than offset by the helpfulness of the staff, the central location and its own car park
Make sure the price of your room doesn't inexplicably go up during your stay
When I decided to stay a 2nd night, I went on line and booked through LateRooms.com, and got a smaller room for £38.
I decided to stay one more night and called the front desk to see if the room I was in had been booked. The person at the desk said it had not, so I asked him to book it for me for one more night. Imagine my surprise when I checked out and was charged £60. When I questioned the increase the desk clerk told me the price difference was probably because the previous day had been Sunday.
I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel but I did eat one dinner there. The desk clerk was doing double duty as wait staff and possibly cook, if you can call warmed up over-cooked vegetables and mystery meat cooking. To the clerk's credit, my first night there he told me dinner was available in the dining room, but there were a number of good restaurants nearby. I thought I detected a slight emphasis on "good." I should have paid more attention!