This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
The Halfway House Inn is a 16th Century Inn situated in beautiful Shropshire countryside just over a mile from Bridgnorth Town Centre. Peter & Cecile Williams have been at The Halfway House since 1997 & have been successful hoteliers & publicans for over 40 years. They are well known for both the quality of their home cooked locally sourced food.
There is a humongous breakfast to sustain the heartiest of appetites, a bar menu for lunchtime, a seasonal a la carte & a 3 Course table d'hote dinner menu to choose from. The Inn was somewhat notorious, mainly in relation to after hours drinking offences & the present proprietor is proud to be continuing this tradition,often well into the early hours, although now restricted to residents & their bona fide guests. First licensed in 1620,it was originally known as the Old Red Lion Inn but following a visit by Princess Victoria in 1823 whilst en route between Pitchford Hall near Shrewsbury & Great Witley Court near Worcester she asked where she was. The reply was given "halfway there m'am". Since then date the Inn has been known by its' present name. The oldest part of the building also boasts a wonderful example of an Elizabethan wall mural that has been preserved behind glass for all to see.
Unfortunately this hotel is currently not open to bookings through LateRooms.com
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Fishing, Quad Biking, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting, [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet