- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"A beautiful hotel which I had high expectations particularly After receiving a phone call prior to check in regarding restaurant bookings, t..."
"This was our third or fourth visit to this hotel and it is always a joy. The staff always make you feel welcome and that you belong. The foo..."
"Can't wait to go there again...."
"Very friendly, attentive staff, excellent facilities, beautiful rural surroundings, great but unpretentious food. A peaceful stay - contempl..."
"The handsome hotel building looks most attractive and appealing when approaching via the long country lane. We were greeted by happy and hel..."
About the hotel
This wonderful country house, tucked away in a picturesque elevated setting with some of the finest views in Yorkshire, is simply breathtaking, yet conveniently located close to Harrogate, Leeds, York & Doncaster. Surrounded by over 100 acres of woodland and parkland this country house has provided pleasure to guests for countless generations. Whatever the reason for visiting, business or pleasure, you will discover a haven of calm, offering a combination of traditional country house hospitality with new and contemporary surroundings.
The Spa has been completely transformed and offers a state-of-the-art Technogym, indoor heated pool, hot spa bath & a steam room. If you are looking to be pampered, the exciting new beauty area is ideal for that special treat. Or, if you would prefer to get out into the great outdoors, you can simply enjoy a long and refreshing walk through the grounds to work up an appetite. Dining at Wood Hall is always an enjoyable affair. The highly experienced chefs take great pride in their work and create sumptuous traditional dishes with their own modern twist. Due to the popularity of the Restaurant it is recommended that you book a table prior to arrival.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, Fishing, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- By 11:00 hours
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A beautiful hotel which I had high expectations particularly After receiving a phone call prior to check in regarding restaurant bookings, travel info etc.
We arrived as a wedding party were having their wedding photos taken. We felt a little in the way as we had to push through the guests to get through to reception. The room was lovely once we had checked in and we had been given a voucher for drinks because it was our wedding anniversary. We went for breakfast the next morning and the wedding party were in the other function room and seemed to take the focus of all serving staff. We were left confused by the system and ended feeling abandoned. I understand they were busy but surely hotel guests are just as important if they are not attending a wedding.
Always a warm welcome
This was our third or fourth visit to this hotel and it is always a joy.
The staff always make you feel welcome and that you belong. The food is good and the rooms are clean and comfortable. That's without mentioning the views that are breathtaking. We will be back next year as well.