- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"Excellent stay couldn't fault..."
"The Black Boy provided us with superb accommodation for 2 nights. The room (number 6) was very spacious with a huge super king bed and a goo..."
"All staff were keen to ensure a pleasant stay. A stone's throw from the castle which. Though a lovely old building with lots of character it..."
"Stairs in annex not ideal for the elderly but we were informed beforehand and they were OK for my wife and l. Located in a perfect position..."
"First visit to very old and characterful Black Boy Inn in Caernarvon. Easy to find but not so convenient parking arrangements. Room bigger t..."
About the hotel
The Black Boy Inn is a minutes walk away from Caernarfons famous 13th century castle; a looming, fantastical World Heritage Site. Nine hundred yards further is the starting point of the Welsh Highland Railway, offering a journey through the fabulous scenery of the Snowdonia National Park. The Black Boy Inn, Caernarfon, have been offering accommodation and dining of distinction since 1522.
Situated in the heart of the Royal Borough of Caernarfon, within the medieval castle walls, the hotel has charm aplenty with its roaring open fires, oak beams and all the Welsh character that its age & location suggests. Most of our staff and working owners are welsh speaking. At the Black Boy Inn, each of our 16 en-suite bedrooms has its own charm. Whilst up-dating the rooms to a high standard, we have strived to retain the unique character and atmosphere by using local, traditional building materials with handmade furniture and quality fittings. Black Jacks is an additional building in courtyard of the Inn, renovated to give an extra 10 rooms, 8 of which are junior suites with mini kitchens. Our restaurant can get very busy at times and operates on a first-come first-served basis. Please arrive early as bookings cannot be taken. We are totally non-smoking throughout
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Golf 18 Hole, Mountain Bike Hire, Bowls, Tennis Courts, Fishing, Sailing, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 3 years old
- 17/08/2014 to 07/05/2017 - We allocate parking area on arrival, car parking is limited in Caernarfon as a whole . Car parking is chargeable at £5.00 per overnight stay. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Birthday and anniversary weekend
Excellent stay couldn't fault
An olde world gem in the heart of Caernarfon
The Black Boy provided us with superb accommodation for 2 nights.
The room (number 6) was very spacious with a huge super king bed and a good sized bathroom (shower in bath). The old beams, narrow corridors, twisting stairs and real fires gave a proper 'back in time' feeling. The dinner we had on our first night was delicious, however be warned the portion sizes are huge. We saw quite a few plates go back to the kitchen unfinished.
Breakfast provided a good menu choice and was served in the adjoining coach house just across the outside seating area. Staff were very helpful, especially when explaining the car parking facilities. We opted for the free pass to park next to the castle which is only a 5 minute walk from the Balck Boy Inn.