- Very Good
- 27 guest reviews
"The room was very small which is why I think a full rate was a bit much. Service at breakfast was a bit chaotic. It took half an hour just t..."
"Clean, comfortable accommodation. We had a large room at the back which was excellent and quiet despite backing on to the car park. Staff we..."
"Lovely clean, quiet and comfortable room...."
"Had a 2 day stay. Very comfy room, helpful and friendly staff. Great location, right in the center of Andover. Will definitely be back for a..."
"Above first class in every way..."
About the hotel
The Star and Garter is in the very centre of Andover and 5. 7 miles from the Thruxton Motorsport Centre. The classic Georgian facade has dominated the town since 1770 and overlooks the market square bustling with busy stall holders and shoppers.
Thoughtfully converted and restored. The main hotel , stables, and coach house encircle the old courtyard. The 35 newly refurbished bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with bath and power shower. All bedrooms have flat screen televisions with Freeview and free wifi. We have ample free parking and for your convenience, we have 24/7 reception. The Star and Garter has a Bar, it offers an extensive Hot and Cold Buffet Breakfast and there is also a terrace. Our Bar has a selection of bottled beers, ales and an evening snack menu. Please note we do not accept children. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- By 11:00 hours
- Up to 17 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
The room was very small which is why I think a full rate was a bit much.
Service at breakfast was a bit chaotic. It took half an hour just tom order. The food was very good when it came. I didn't eat in the hotel at night, the bar menu is very limited and the only other option was the attached Pizza Express.
Perfect. Town centre hotel with parking
Clean, comfortable accommodation.
We had a large room at the back which was excellent and quiet despite backing on to the car park. Staff were wonderfully helpful and friendly. Although limited food available at the hotel the High Street has a good selection of places to eat, the Thai restaurant a short walk from the car park is excellent and well worth a visit.