This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast situated within the beautiful Liddesdale Valley with 363 acres of private farmland and woodland including a mile stretch of private river with free fishing for guests. Just off the A7 (the historic route from Carlisle and the M6 to Edinburgh) Abbotshaw House is an ideal base for walking, cycling, fishing, horse-riding and star-gazing. All rooms have panoramic views of some of the most spectacular scenery of the Scottish Borders with 40" Freeview TVs and FREE Wifi.
WALKING There are many river, forest and hill walks to suit walkers of all abilities. The Reiver Trail runs through the farm along the route of the dis-used Waverley railway line. CYCLING and MOUNTAIN BIKING Abbotshaw House is the ideal place to stay for a mountain biking or cycling holiday or short break. The Newcastleton 7stanes Trail is one of the famous 7 which proves very popular with families and groups of varying levels of ability or you could ride over to Kielder to join up with the Bloody Bush and Lonesome Pine (red graded trails). Also Route 10 of The Reivers Cycle Trail actually runs through the farm. We have a washroom for hosing bikes down at the end of the day and also secure (alarmed) storage. FISHING Abbotshaw House owns a mile of the Liddel Water, with three good pools. Guests are welcome to fish, free of charge, (salmon and sea trout rights excluded) and enjoy the tranquility of Liddlesdale. HORSE RIDING What better place to bring your horse for a riding holiday than to the farm that was home to the legendary Lenamore for over 10 years. Abbotshaw house provides stabling for your horse with 363 acres of private land and miles and miles of forest tracks to ride around whilst enjoy the spectacular view of the Scottish Borders. A near Olympic size all-weather arena is also available for guests to use. STAR-GAZING One of the darkest places in the UK, as mapped by Dark Sky Discovery, Abbotshaw House is an ideal location for astronomers and is only 17 miles from Kielder Observatory.
- Babysitting services, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- Fishing, Horse Riding, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet